Raise to wake not available on iPhone 6. Not much for the older phones before 6s in the new iOS

This feature should be available on the previous iphones as well. Why just 6s

Replies

The original reason behind it was to combat the issue where the TouchID sensor was so fast on the 6S and 6S+, you'd be unable to see any notifications because the phone would unlock before you could review them after hitting the home button to wake the phone. This made you have to press the side power button to wake the device to review notifications.

This issue isn't as prevalent in older devices because a press of the home button will wake the display, and you were required to hold your finger down on the TouchID sensor for an extended period of time.

I imagine raise to wake actually will end up being not desired (by me anyways), it registers a false positive quite often when I'm moving my device, so I'm curious how often that'll happen in my pocket and negatively affect battery.

That means we have to spend (>=55000 ₹) every year. Because in every ios update there is something that we have love much more but only available in latest iPhone. No dout they give new hardware in new iPhone. But in software update they have to do something for older devices. Now my 53500 ₹ iPhone is worst coz i love this tweak. May be jailbreak community do something for ours that's why we love jailbreak. If the issue is battery life but they give option for on/off so battery is our problem. Who love their battery they should switch it off.

The Apple A9 chip introduced on the 6s(+) features an embedded M9 motion coprocessor rather than a separate chip i suspect its even more battery friendly than a separate M9. So maybe with this new M9 Apple can afford to leave it on checking for a "raise to wake" event without adversely impacting battery life. Hence limited to 6s(+)

I think that just like the 3D Touch Widgets, this feature too will come to older devices in a future seed. I expect this to be ready by the time the Public Beta launches in July.

EDIT: YouTuber DetroitBORG has commented in his iOS 10 first look saying that Raise to Wake is exclusive to iPhone 6S, 6S Plus and SE because of the new M9 Motion Coprecessor. Don't know his source.

i think Raise to wake feature is not available on current beta version

wait for beta 2 or more to add this feature ???