Swift playgrounds

How do I get the swift playgrounds app? Is it included in the iOS 10 beta image, or a separate downlaod? Or, is it not released yet?

Accepted Reply

It's included in the iOS 10 beta update for the iPad. Not on the iPhone.

Replies

It's included in the iOS 10 beta update for the iPad. Not on the iPhone.

I updated to iOS 10 on my iPad Air using the profile and the Swift Playground did not show up after the update.

Is this only for the iPad Pro?

Its there, I just updated my air 2 and i see it.. It may be on one of your other pages.

I updated my 4th Gen iPad using the OTA Profile and it doesn't appear to have included Swift Playgrounds. Perhaps the app is not supported on some iPads that are iOS 10 compatible Any info on this topic would be appreciated.

got it on my 9,7" iPad Pro after install ..

Note that the name is "Playgrounds", not "Swift Playgrounds", so searching for "Swift" won't find it! It was on the second page of my iPad mini 2.

• iPad (4th generation Model)Restore image for listed devices.

Download(1.90 GB)

• iPad Air, iPad mini 2Restore image for listed devices.

Download(2.40 GB)

• iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3Restore image for listed devices.

Download(2.66 GB)

• 12.9‑inch iPad ProRestore image for listed devices.

Download(2.51 GB)

iPad 4th generation beta 500MB smaller than others. Maybe because of missing Playgrounds , no playgrounds for me this time, seems that it is time to get a newer iPad 🙂

Hi All,

Was wondering does it only comes with image download but not OTA (Over the air, Apple tag "preffered" as for the profile method"

Regards,

GSK

I have it on an iPad Air 2 - so not iPad Pro only. As I recall the app installed with the iOS beta, but you have to download the content separately.

I installed OTA on an iPad Air and I have it.

i too updated my 4th gen iPad uisng OAT profile. i don't see playgrounds app on any page.

is there any setting to enable this?

Hi all, I've bought iPad Pro 9.7 in and still no Swift Playground after install iOS10 seed.

😟

Me as well. Where did SP go?

It was beta, just like the OS, so it was removed when you updated to 10.0.1.

Note that Apple says it will be available to the public for download from the app store later in the fall of this year.