4 Replies
      Latest reply on Jul 16, 2018 3:30 PM by eskimo
      Daniel1992 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi guys please could u help! My simulator is not working! As soon as click run the app simulator just a back screen! What to do

• Re: X code simulator not working
          clane47 Level 2 Level 2 (25 points)

Sounds like you didn't set the initial view controller. Open the storyboard and see if there's a big arrow pointing to the scene. If not, check the 'is initial View Controller' box in the attribute inspector.

Regards,

Chuck Lane

Zwolf71 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi,

I am having the same problem, simulator is blank when I run and Xcode brings up the AppDelegate.swfit file.

I tried the "check the 'is initial View Controller' box in the attribute inspector." advice but didn't work. Any other suggestion?

Cheers

eskimo Apple Staff Apple Staff (10,305 points)

Does this only affect your main project?  If you create a new project from the Cocoa Touch template, does it have the same problem?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
                  Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware
                  let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

bilrob Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

What you need to understand is that xcode and the simulator are almost useless.

Have you looked at any of the other OS ecosystems?  You'll probably live longer....