3 Replies
      Latest reply on Oct 17, 2015 10:48 AM by nordfriese
      BarrettJ Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Importing AVFoundation failed, so I'm guessing not, but wanted to double check in case I missed something.

• Re: Any way to use AVSpeechSynthesizer on watch?
          lepton Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

It's in there somewhere, since VoiceOver uses it. I'd love it in my app as well, but it does not seem to have support for now.

David Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)

They don't supply AVSpeechSynthesizer because no user wants an app speaking at them from their wrist, that is why Siri on the Watch is silent. It makes for a better experience, since people will most likely be interacting with your app on the go, and only be using it for a few seconds.

nordfriese Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

it is not that easy / black & white

AVSpeechSynthesizer should be available on the watch to allow interesting and relevant audio feedback after triggering an action  - currently I don't see that this is possible

I found a way to play back audio files on the watch, which works fine - but then I need a MP3 or wav file.

and I think it is a waste of resources if having to generate voice audio files and transmit them through the network to the device, just because AVSpeechSynthesizer is not available on the watch