Cannot open "Certificates, IDs & Profiles"

Hello,

I still don't have a personal or an orgnization development account. I am currently still testing development for iOS and trying to upload my apps to my personal/development iPhone 6s. In a couple of tutorials I saw, that I have to do some configurations under "Certificates, IDs & Profiles" at developer.apple.com. I tried searching for it in the left menu on the page, but I didn't find such an option. The only page I get is "Getting Started". The I went to "Documentation" from the left menu and on this page at the bottom under "Account" I found the menu "Certificates, IDs & Profiles". Clicked on it, but then got redirected back to "Getting Started". Is it a bug, or a limitation, or am I doing something wrong? Always when I try to open "Certificates, IDs & Profiles", I get redirected back to "Getting Started".

Kind Regards,

Mickle

Replies

Unfortunetly it's not a but you must join Apple Development program by clicking on it from getting started and purchase your order to get access to this and some other pages. As they say you must be Enrolled!

I'm having the same problem. I was under the impression you should still be able to visit the "Certificates, IDs & Profiles" screen without having a paid developer account. I just sent an email to Apple Developer support on this issue.

> I was under the impression you should still be able to

As noted, no.

A paid/active Individual Developer Agreement (and by default the associated/authorized role) is required to access anything but docs, forums, public betas, bug reporter via Feedback Assistant, and news & updates. Anything includes C,P&I.

This does not mean a paid account is required to test apps on your own device. Search here on: free provisioning

...and note the process the OP is following is for paid, when they should be using the process for free, instead.

In conclusion, we need to enroll and pay 99$ for Certificates? Is that it? I thought it was for free. 😟

Not if all you want to do is test your app on your device, in which case you don't need access to C,P&I. Search here on: free provisioning