The "Cloud Data Sync in Progress" dilemma

For the last month and a half, I've been trying to set up HomeKit with my Hue and ecobee accessories without success due to persistent "Cloud data sync in progress" error message.

Issue as seen in HomeKit log files:

homed[152] : Rejecting message since server token unavailable and cloud sync not completed and transient devices present

homed[152] : Rejecting message kAddHomeRequestKey since cloud data sync is in progresshomed[152] : cloudDataSyncCompleted: NO, serverTokenAvailable: NO, totalTransientPeerDevices: 1

homed[152] : networkConnectivityAvailable: YES, iCloudAccountActive: YES, decryptionFailed: NO

homed[152] : Message kAddHomeRequestKey was rejected due to reason: Error Domain=HMErrorDomain Code=77 "(null)"

I've done everything in this forum and elsewhere across the internet suggested to fix this issue. All involve signing in and out of iCloud, resetting HomeKit, resetting iCloud Keychain, etc, etc. What's interesting is that it's definitely iCloud related as I can set up HomeKit without problem when signed out of iCloud. When signed in I either code Code 77 message or all existing accessories break.

I've talked with Apple support (who was no help) and have filed a bug report, which I've been updating for the past month and a half with logs, attemps at fixing, etc... no response from Apple.

Any tips or suggestions to help fix this?

Replies

This is a serious issue for Apple IDs that have been used for iOS beta testing since iOS9 betas.

It became even worse now since in iOS9 you could get it back to work at least for some days by resetting Homekit and iCloud keychain but now with iOS10 you can just reset everything you can imagine and it would not help.

That being said, community is waiting over a year now to get a solution 😠

What I have found for the data sync in progress, is to unplug the outlet from the wall, unplug the appliance or light from the outlet. Re-plug the outlet only into the wall, discover, identify, then plug your light or appliance in to the outlet. Mine are working well now, but I do not use HomeKit, I am using my ihome app as previously used.

I've had this a few times it's a problem im dealing with Now, my settings on my iOS 10.3.1 device changed, news and safari vanished and home appeared. In there a sync button was toggled green and I couldn't turn it off, You also find this behaviour in game centre and in the apple support chat app under "my devices. I could go on for ever I've had to start video recording now as it's they far fetched !