strange Finder bug

I have come across a strange bug in the Finder. Namely, when I delete a file in the Downloads folder (either by pressing Command-Delete, choosing "Move to Trash" in the File menu, etc., the file is moved to the Trash, but it is still displayed in the Finder's Download window, even after I empty the trash. I have to click on another window and then back on Downloads to make the file disappear! Also, this weird behavior (so far) is only happening when I delete files in the Downloads folder. Has anybody experienced this? Any ideas as to what may be going on (perhaps a strange permissions setting?)?

Replies

Another strangeness: app version in Get Info always shows up as "--"

Something similar is happening to me. My 'Documents' folder, off of the user home folder, appears to have several files in the 'Documents' folder, but are actually in subfolders. When I open one of these files, that I know to be in a subfolder, the location of the file within the app (i.e. Preview showing a PDF), depicts the correct path to that file.

If I go out to Terminal and 'ls' on the 'Documents' folder, it lists the correct files and folders. This only appears when viewing the directory within Finder. I had hoped that public beta 2 would resolve this, but it has not.

So far, I have not noticed this behavior in any other folders.