EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP) on first Launch of App Review Team

So, my App got rejected by Beta App Review team because it crahsed on launch.

The thing is that I can't reproduce this crash. Not even when testing on my 3 physical devices (iPhone 4S, iPhone6 and iPad Air) with a clean install nor update through TestFlight Internal Testing (so exactly the same build & archive as App Review Team is reviewing)

Extract of the (symbolicated) crash log:

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x000000010032ced8

Triggered by Thread: 0

Filtered syslog:

None found

Thread 0 name: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Thread 0 Crashed:

0 Scenic 0x000000010032ced8 MapViewController.viewDidLoad() -> () (MapViewController.swift:210)

1 Scenic 0x000000010032cf2c @objc MapViewController.viewDidLoad() -> () (MapViewController.swift:0)

2 UIKit 0x0000000187394b40 -[UIViewController loadViewIfRequired] + 996

MapViewController is the rootViewController of the UINavigationController and line 210 contains: self.view.backgroundColor = UIColor.blackColor()

So, I'm really at a loss here. I can't reproduce it and the the crash log doesn't point me in any direction I could investigate.

Any suggestions as to what direction I should be looking at or what next I could take to find the root cause.

Also, very interesting, I had the same in a previous build of the same app (also got rejected). I sent them a reply similar to this and they approved it for external beta testing (without any changes). I did not have any external beta tester (aprox 300) reporting this crash. So, it seems this only occurs in very specific circumstances, which so far only the review team is experiencing?!?

As I said, I really would like to fix this, but at this point have no idea on where to even look for possible causes. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Guido

Replies

Also tried running in "Release" config directly from XCode on my devices. No Crash! 😐

@guide: Did you ever figure anything out on this? I am in a similar circumstance.

@irthlingz : Did you ever figure anything out on this? I am also in a similar circumstance.

Same issue. Being told Crashes on Launch but works fine in my environment on multiple devices. I hope someone can explain as I'm new to this... Its my first app submission for Beta testing.

I have submitted many many times to the store with no issue, and my last submit just had this issue. Super weird. Here's a nice comprehensive Stackoverflow post on the topic:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2611607/are-exc-breakpoint-sigtrap-exceptions-caused-by-debugging-breakpoints

I had a similar problem which was caused by dragging and dropping new versions of image assets into Xcode that had different names than the originally imported image. I fixed it by deleting the problem imagesets and re-importing them. Here's a post with some details:

https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/322522#322522