getTimelineEntriesForComplication ignores entries

My complication shows the countdown to an event. I create enough entries to allow me to display the number of minutes left till the event occurs.

During the update of my complication - getTimelineEntriesForComplication:afterDate:limit:withHandler: is called three times with a limit of 100 each time. I observe that all entries returned to the handler in the first two calls are used. All entries returned to the handler in the third call never get used and the complication stops updating at the point where this third set of entries should be used. I see no errors reporting that the entries have been ignored.

It seems like only 200 timeline entries are used even though I have been given the opportunity to return 300 entries. This limit seems to be a newly added as I didn't observe a limit like this previously.

Anyone else seeing this limit?

Replies

I have been seeing this issue as well. The first 200 entries are used and all subsequent requests are practically ignored. My app gets stuck requesting for the dates after around the 200th entry (for whatever reason, sometimes it uses entries from earlier) but never actually adds them to the complication.

Hopefully someone at Apple can speak to this. My Problem ID is 26532833.

I am seeing this same issue on watch OS 2.2.2 running on device being built with Xcode 7.3.1 (all the latest production software). The following method only gets called twice, each time with a limit of 100, allowing me to provide at most 200 timeline entries. I would like for the OS to keep asking me for more entries "afterDate" because with only the 200 total the animation fails during time travel about 14 hours into time travel when users want to scrub much further than that and I have an entire years worth of data I could serve up. I think max timetravel is +28 hours. Is there any fix for this? Any solution to this problem? I am hoping for about 400 entries to cover up to 28 hours out into the future.

Yes. I am seeing the 200 limit as well. The getTimelineEntriesForComplication:afterDate:limit:withHandler is only getting called twice, each time with a limit of 100. I would like to see it ask up to at least 400 if not more if I keep giving it the max limit of 100 with each call it makes. Any updates on this? Over about a 4 hour span I want to show a ring go from 0 to 100. I therefore need 100 timeline entries to cover the 4 hour period (this is much less than one per second which I know is a limit). This means the user scrubs 4 hours and the animation flips through 100 timeline events each pushing the circle forward by one. It's great... the user just wants to be able to scrub 8 hours out, 16 hours out, now we are into the 400 entry category but the system seems to only ever load 200. Are others seeing this too?