App submission question

In the guidelines it says you are allowed to submit your app if it is in the App Store with the Url and you are allowed to upload a second App. which App will get judged and on which app will i have to write an essay about?

guidelines

"If your app is on the App Store, you will be asked for the URL. If you would like to provide an app on the App Store and upload a second app, you may do so."

thank you in advanced

Accepted Reply

We will look at both of them. If you want focus to be given to one or the other you should mention that in the essay. And if you did different things in each app, you should clarify that as well.

Replies

We will look at both of them. If you want focus to be given to one or the other you should mention that in the essay. And if you did different things in each app, you should clarify that as well.

Is it ok if the "Apple Technologies" you write about in both apps are the same or is it encouraged to submit apps that emphasize different technologies? If I work on an app with a friend and we both submit the same app, will our submissions affect each other? If I submit an app I did by myself, do I just leave the section about teamwork blank? Does SpriteKit count as an Apple Technology or is it supposed to be something more unique to Apple products like 3DTouch?

SpriteKit definitely does count as an Apple Technology! If you used the same technologies in both apps, that's fine. Working on it with a friend is also fine, just be sure to follow the guidelines which say:

If you worked on this app as a team, tell us about your team structure. How did you divide the work? What were your biggest challenges in integrating the components that each of you worked on?

In case of submitting two apps, do we have max. 500 words per app to answer the given questions, or 500 in total?

That should probably be asked in its own thread, but I'm pretty sure that it is 500 total (because there is only one text box to answer in).

Is it 500 words for each of the three questions (therefore, 1500 in total) or 500 in total for all three questions? Does this also have to include the comments on the team or does this have a separate text box?

It's 500 words per question. So if you are answering 2 questions you could type in a maximum of 1000 words.