In-progress app for WWDC scholarship

I currently have a couple apps that are a work-in-progress. Is it ok to submit one of these for the WWDC scholarship if enough features and Apple technologies are implemented so the main functionality of the app can be used (meaning that more features and functionality would be added in what I eventually put on the App Store)? Will it show my abilities well enough? Thanks!

Accepted Reply

Your app must be fully functioning and run on the latest releases of iOS, OS X, watchOS, or tvOS. You can certainly add more functionality to your app later and submit it to the store but I'd avoid having tabs or places in your app that say "Coming Soon" or something like that. 🙂 Make it look and work like a fully complete app.

Replies

Your app must be fully functioning and run on the latest releases of iOS, OS X, watchOS, or tvOS. You can certainly add more functionality to your app later and submit it to the store but I'd avoid having tabs or places in your app that say "Coming Soon" or something like that. 🙂 Make it look and work like a fully complete app.

Hi Myke,

If instead of adding a signup/login feature, can I disable that for the app submission to eliminate the hassle to connect to backend and focus more on the features and functionality that the app provides? Thanks.

That sounds like a great idea!