Xcode 7.3 WatchOS 2.2 "A signed resource has been added, modified, or deleted"

This was pervioulsy working in Xcode 7.2, but in Xcode 7.3 it's not.

I have a WatchKit extension, and I am copying a pre-built framework at build time to the extension. The framework is XCGLogger and it's built with Carthage for WatchOS. Everything compiles, builds and copies just fine, but when it goes to run the Watch App I get this error in an Xcode Dialog:

"A signed resource has been added, modified, or deleted"

Further investigation in the device console reveals more info:

<Error>: 0x1f084000 __MobileInstallationInstallForLaunchServices_block_invoke222: Returned error Error Domain=MIInstallerErrorDomain Code=13 "Failed to verify code signature of /<long_path>/temp.mCHHfg/extracted/Watch.app/PlugIns/Watch Extension.appex/Frameworks/XCGLogger.framework : 0xe8008017 (A signed resource has been added, modified, or deleted.)" UserInfo={LibMISErrorNumber=-402620393, LegacyErrorString=ApplicationVerificationFailed, FunctionName=+[MICodeSigningVerifier _validateSignatureAndCopyInfoForURL:withOptions:error:], NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to verify code signature of /long/path/temp.mCHHfg/extracted/Watch.app/PlugIns/Watch Extension.appex/Frameworks/XCGLogger.framework : 0xe8008017 (A signed resource has been added, modified, or deleted.), SourceFileLine=142}

Apr 14 05:43:15 Dev-AppleWatch streaming_zip_conduit[214] <Warning>: __dispatch_source_read_socket_block_invoke:299: Failed to install application at file:/ Domain=LaunchServicesError Code=0 "(null)" UserInfo={Error=ApplicationVerificationFailed, ErrorDetail=-402620393, ErrorDescription=Failed to verify code signature of /<long_path>/temp.mCHHfg/extracted/Watch.app/PlugIns/Watch Extension.appex/Frameworks/XCGLogger.framework : 0xe8008017 (A signed resource has been added, modified, or deleted.)}

Things I've tried:

• Rebuilt the frameworks under Carthage 0.16.2
  • Deleted all derived data
  • Cleared the carthage caches dir and rebuilt everything as well.
  • Clean Build Folder
  • Added a pre-action on the Xcode Scheme touch "${PROJECT_DIR}/Path/to/extension_file.swift"

Replies

I have found 2 Similar threads here, but they don't appear to offer any solutions that work:

https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/40722

https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/31698

I also encountered that issue .

What worked for me is to remove the embed extension phase the build phases and add it back.

Magically it resolved the problem.