2 Apps (free and buying)

Hi

Is it possible to develop 2 Versions of all my Apps (one for free with iAds and the other one for buying). Does Apple accept this, even if I have 5 or 6 Apps. Then every App is twice in the App Store.

I tried hard to use a InApp-Purchase Code to let the user buy the App and then let disappear the iAd. But without success. I have good codes that should work, but it didn't work when I tested it. I'm not that good in programming. But I nearly finished a working app.

I started to create an App a few years ago, but then a few years ago, I stopped to develop, because I thought I can not finish it. Now I want to start again with this project and finish it. I think I can do it, if I always develop 2 Apps of each.

thank you

Replies

Apple has stopped allowing new apps into the iAd program, which will end on June this year.

You could relelease a paid and an ad-supported version of the app, but the modern way to do it is to have one single free app with an in-app purchase that removes the advertisements.

There are several benefits of having just one app instead of two:

• Your ratings and reviews are higher by being combined

• Your search ranking and category positions are higher, because your downloads are combined

• Less confusion for users

• No need to worry about updating multiple apps at the same time, much less management overhead

• No need to try to carry over any user data from one version of the app to the other

Hope this helps!