Storyboard not changing size classes when selected

I anyone else having any issues with the Storyboard not changing when selected? I have an app that has been running fine for weeks. Today we set up the final device to test it on (an archived app) and it works in portrait & landscape on devices. But on my Mac now when I go to work on the program to improve it, the layouts won't change from portrait to landscape to visually show how they look. Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

Well now my whole storyboard disappeared...ugh. I fear that it is gone forever....many, many hours/days of work. I sure hope someone can help, please.

If this can't be recovered, does anyone know if it is possible to recover an archived app to use to adjust? I am quite new...but trying! Thanks.

You can always revert to a previous version from git. (You are using a local git repository for version control, aren't you?)

Does the .storyboard file just not render properly in IB, or is it actually empty? Right click on it in the project navigator and Open As -> Source Code to see if it still has all the XML and it's just Xcode that is confused about how to show it. Perhaps you have set it to a size class to which you have not added any views.

Thanks for your reply "junkpile". There is absolutely no way to get the storyboard back. It is totally empty. I did as you said, and there is nothing.

As far as git.....I don't recall if I did or not. I know that for practice ones in the past, those teaching often have said to uncheck that box. Where would I go to an existing program to ensure that it is checked in the future?

Hard lesson to learn.....! I have started on a new storyboard.

Thanks again.

...and by starting on a new storyboard, I mean that i had to start an entirely new project. I cut and pasted the code into it. There wasn't a way to even get a new storyboard in that actual project. Even when adding an interface, it came up empty as well. I am wondering if when I plugged in a usb cable to test it on a device, it damaged the storyboard? It was a new cord, and the screen flashed. After that, no matter what I did, the storyboard was gone. The code was there. Just no storyboard.