iAd serving up explicit ads

I've just had a disturbing email from a user where an innocent looking iAd actually linked to a site with extremely explicit adult content.

The app in question is iAd-only and does not have any other ad network or frameworks installed, so the ad could only have come from iAd.

Not only has my iAd revenue dropped significantly in the last 1-2 months, the quality of ads seems to have declined dramatically too. It appears as if Apple has given control of iAd over to some third party without telling us. I'm aware of the iAd app network termination announcement, but there was no mention of anything like this.

Replies

That makes it sound like no-one's driving the bus at Apple...

However, given the way iAd Workbench campaigns work, even if someone at Apple reviews and approves the original ad campaign, and at that point everything is fine, there's nothing to stop the original destination getting hijacked, either by the site owner intentionally, or if they get hacked. Contact Apple (don't just rely on someone picking up on a message here), though I don't know what they can do without some idea of what the Ad was and who it was for. However, given how few ads iAd is serving just now, maybe they'll find it without any bother.