Deep Linking Integration

Hi, anyone know that why our applink URI always add :// on the last applin URI ? for example my scheme is test , then i make host with name toko . It would be test://toko . If i try to reach from Safari Browser with that, it work correctly, but if i post on ads channel for example facebook or using deeplink service provider for example AppsFlyer, it doesn't work. The url always direct to apps store. But if i add :// on the last applink URI test://toko:// It's work on facebook with business set up, but it still directly to apps store if using AppsFlyer, while i back to the url and reach open button of system pop up, it will direct to my app correctly. So how to resolve my problem Anyone knows ?

FYI, i have set up :

1. Scheme URL on info.plist : toko

2. Turn on Associated Domain with domain is applinks:test.onelink.me , also turn on Associated Domain on Apple Developer.

3. Uses reference from http://www.brianjcoleman.com/tutorial-deep-linking-in-swift/

4. I have set up Apps Flyer Framework on my code.

Then on iOS 9 doesn't work if my package name using symbol ( - ) for example com.te-st.ios , is any way to figure out ? Is it correct that icaused the issue ? Is anyone know that i have to do with my problem ? Thanks.

Replies

On iOS9.2 Apple made changaes to Safari which made it impossible to use URI schemas and redirect to the store when the app is not installed. The reason was user privacy which now prevent checking programatically if an app is installed. Apple are pushing to use Universal Links instead of URI schemas as this solution is more secured and the user expirience is better.

The problem you described is not related to AppsFlyer - Universal Links fails on iOS when there's a dash on the bundle ID. Try to change com.te-st.ios to com.test.ios.

Hi @gmeroz,

Thank you for your help. Is really i can't implement deeplink with one link from appsflyer because of our bundle ID ? I try deeplink with facebook ads and it's work with iOS 9. Why appsflyer doesn't work with iOS 9 ?

Hi, good day! I have a question about Deep Linking with iOS Home app hope you this doesn't make you off.I know this is off topic from your post but I think this is the right place to ask about it. Have you or anybody tried deep linking iOS Home app? Like from my app when I tap a certain button(let say open Home Settings) it will open Home app and should be presenting Home Settings view. Another is while in my app, I want to open Home app with Rooms tab as active content.

Hope you can share some thoughts.

Thanks in advance!