AudioUnitV3Example sample code got a sweet update

About a week ago the sample code got a refresh. I thought I’d download and have a quick look just to see what minor things may have changed. Unfortunately, the description page simply says “Adopt Swift 2.2 language changes” and there’s no mention of OS X SDK in Build Requirements. But this update adds a ton of great stuff. I know a lot of people have been asking for some of these things in the CA forum. It adds an iOS AU instrument target and all new OS X targets (this includes, AU effect, AU instrument and AU Host).

It even modifies how parameter ramping is handled. Which looks like may solve the issue I was having (https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/35504).

Go check it out: https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/samplecode/AudioUnitV3Example/Introduction/Intro.html

Thanks Core Audio team for this update!

Accepted Reply

Indeed it's a major update. The updated description unfortunately didn't get posted to the site (we'll have to update that and also have it appear in the OS X reference library) but details are in the ReadMe. It does contain rewritten utility code for parameter handling to address what Cubasis is doing. I'll pass on your thanks to the crew.

Enjoy!

Replies

Indeed it's a major update. The updated description unfortunately didn't get posted to the site (we'll have to update that and also have it appear in the OS X reference library) but details are in the ReadMe. It does contain rewritten utility code for parameter handling to address what Cubasis is doing. I'll pass on your thanks to the crew.

Enjoy!

Sweet... I can confirm that the issue I was having with Cubasis is resolved after modifying my synth code based on the updated sample code.

Sorry, finally catching up on this now that I have time to get into v3 audio units… first question: I installed the sample apps (filter & instrument) to my iPad, but don't see them in Garage Band (I don't have any other AUs installed, so I don't see Audio Units as an instrument or filter at all). Should I? I'd love to see my AU in GB when it's finished.

GarageBand (for iOS) doesn't suppert AU effects yet. But you should defintely be seeing AU instruments. Maybe your iPad is roo old?

But you can try AU effects with other hosts like Multitrack Studio, AUM, Cubasis etc