An App ID with Identifier ‘com.mycompany.myapp’ is not available

Hi,

Even though I've been using my App ID for months now and have successfully deployed many versions of my app via TestFlight, now suddenly Xcode 7.3 is refusing to upload the file because iTunes Connect thinks my App ID is not defined. But it is definitely defined.

I currently get the error:

An App ID with Identifier ‘com.mycompany.app’ is not available . Please enter a different string.

Is there any reason why this might be happening and how I can fix it? I've tried rebooting, re-generating my provisioning profiles, editing the name of the App ID in iTunes Connect, but nothing seem to help.

I'm using OS X 10.11.4 (GM) and Xcode 7.3 (GM).

I uploaded a build to TestFlight just a couple days ago, but now suddenly it won't let me.

Is there a way to correct this problem?

Thanks,

Brendan

Replies

I had the same error. Spent a day banging my head against a wall. Finally, Eugene Dubinin's answer to this SO question worked for me: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20565565/an-app-id-with-identifier-is-not-available-please-enter-a-different-string

TL;DR: log into developer portal, remove all xcode-generated invalid profiles, manually create distribution profiles for the app (+ all of its extensions if you have any).

I have encountered this too. And I am now thorougly stuck.

I am working on a TVOS app.

I added an iCloud entitlement to my app.

On uploading to iTunes Connect, I saw the " An App ID with Identifier 'com.s******.t****' is not available. Please enter a different string.

I took this error message at face value, and assumed it has something to do with the ID, and not an entitlements problem. This wasted some time.

Looking at forum posts, the solutions all involved...

1) Making sure the app ID had iCloud entitlements in the developer center.

2) Manually creating a provisioning profile

3) Updating the profiles in Xcode and then

4) Making sure the signing settings were updated accodingly.

This. Did. Not. Work.

Xcode is not reflecting the iCloud entitlement. The iCloud fix button does not work.

The target/general tab does not accept the provisioning profile allows an iCloud entitlement. And the error message about the app ID availability is popping up.

I require only key-value storage. So have not created an iCloud container, and assume I can live without it.

Help please?

I too have this same issue. I've tried all the SO solutions including updating the certificate, manually adding the App ID etc. Nothing works. I am using Xcode 7.3 and this app has a Watch extension - it's the extension's ID that I cannot get Xcode to recognize

I too have this exact same issue. I've been uploading builds to TestFlight fine for the last 4-5 months using the same app ID and then all of a sudden I turn on some iCloud entitlements and BAM no longer am I able to upload any builds.

--EDIT--

If I turn off the entitlements I am able to upload builds again. I guess I am doing SOMETHING wrong, I just have no idea what.

Same here. All that worked for weeks.

Did anyone resolved the issue?

Hi Bardu yea i had faced that issue. My all day today was like banging my head on wall. Finally i figured it out. Please find me on skype at kingkarki. I can help you through this wired issue. Thanks