IAP Rejected because required binary was not submitted

I'm having some issues with my iOS submission, and someone here may have encountered this issue before.

I submitted my game a couple of days ago. IAP work fine during testing. Every IAP has a screenshot. All IAP have been added to the submission before hitting the submit button. I'm pretty sure I've done everything right.

A day goes past, and I get an email about my IAP being rejected with the error message:

"We have returned your IAP product/s to you as the required binary was not submitted. When you are ready to submit the binary, please resubmit the IAPs with the binary."

I submitted my IAP at the exact same time as the binary, so I'm not entirely sure what that is referring too. Each and every one of my 40 IAP have the exact same message. The binary is still set to "Waiting for Review", and doesn't seem to be affected by this.

To make things more confusing, when I look at the IAP, it's marked as "Developer Action Needed", with the Language column highlighted in yellow. If I make a small edit, it returned to "Waiting for Review". I've tried this twice now, and had the same result.

I have found other people with similar problems, but that was more related to rejection. This is my first submit, I made sure to add each of the IAP to the build details before hitting the submit button. I've now tried removing and resubmitting the binary, hoping it will resolve the issue. I'm not sure it will.

I'm a bit lost with this one. Any thoughts?

Replies

There are two aspects to your post: the particular error message and the current status of your IAPs.

Let me address the second one first. If an IAP were "rejected" then you can never use that productIdentifier again and you would need to create a new IAP with a new productIdentifier and recode the binary appropriately. So App Review did not 'reject' your IAP instead they 'returned' your IAP with the 'fake' requirement that it 'needs developer action'. Any action will restore the IAP as you have discovered. You will need to do that to all your IAPs.

The first aspect is that App Review believes "the required binary was not submitted". However, you believe "All IAP (were) added to the submission before hitting the submit button. I'm pretty sure I've done everything right." App Review is pretty sure you didn't. You need to add a new build of the binary and then, before hitting the submit button for that new build, attach the IAPs to that new build and then hit the submit button. App REview is saying that when you hit 'submit' the build had already been submitted.

Ah, that's good to know about returned vs rejected. That makes sense, thanks for that.

I did pull the binary, uploaded a new one, then tried to submit again. Unfortunately, none of the IAP were available to add on the main details page, it was odd. I couldn't select them to attach to the build. I _really_ don't want to have to go recreate 40 IAP, there must be a way to resolve this.

I've resubmitted the binary anyway, and I've contacted support about the confusion. If the binary is rejected, at least I can get access to the resolution center to hopefully get this sorted out before my planned launch date. I've planned for three weeks to get this build approved. I really hope that ends up being enough :/

Assuming you did any sort of 'developer action' on each of your IAPs, I believe all of your IAPs and the binary are now correctly 'waiting for review'

Hello, I'm experiencing the exact same issue. I went ahead and edited a text field on my iap as PBK suggested (thanks!). Note: the field I edited was the Subscription Display Name. Changes to the Reference Name or Review Notes had no effect on the status. Anyway, after this text edit and save, the iap immediately went to "Waiting for Review" status. However, how can it be waiting for review when I haven't yet resubmitted my new binary? Isn't this just going to be rejected again for not being associated with a binary? On that note, when did go to resubmit the new binary, there is no way to select the iap. The option doesn't even show up. I seem to be stuck in a loop. Has anyone found their way out of this situation without having to destroy the iap - which would be a real pain?

Thanks!

I'm having the same problem and stuck not being able to actually include an IAP with the new binary. And yeah - the minute you change smth in IAP description or name of IAP it goes to Waiting For Review mode. And if you don't have a new binary it will be rejected saying "New business model" and will instruct you to upload new binary. So I uploaded new binaries twice already and have just uploaded third. Let's see.

Thanks for the response, Defonten.

Has anybody actually made it through this situation and gotten their app approved? If so, what were the steps?

Thanks!

Well, we may have been able to get past this issue simply by resubmitting our app. I say "may" because we have not yet received final approval, but are not getting the same IAP rejection (we have other issues to address with our meta data). We did nothing to specifically address the original rejection "We have returned your IAP product/s to you as the required binary was not submitted." The only explanation I can come up with is either we forgot to actually attach the IAP to the binary on the version info screen for the first submission, or the examinar missed something. We'll never know probably.

Has anyone found a solution to this? This same issue has been happening to me for the last 3 weeks

I'm having the same issue. I really wish someone would updated this thread, as I'm sure the previous posters have found a solution.

I'm at this point. We did get rejected once, and the IAP purchase products had the error "Not included with Binary". I've now set up new products and made sure all their details are clear and correct. They all say, "Waiting for Review", however I can not add any of them to the Binary details screen. The binary says, "Submit for Review" and everything is working in the game. The section for adding the IAP to the Binary is not showing up.

I'm going to try uploading a new binary now, but I have no idea if this will work, as the current binary was uploaded just before making the new products. I feel like I'm missing a step, but can't find it in the documentation.

Any help will be much appreaciated! Thanks.