NSArrayController/Core Data Crash Cannot remove an observer for the key path when setting filter predicate

I have an NSArrayController. The arranged objects are NSManagedObject subclasses (this is all binded up in IB).

When launching the app, and loading in objects from disk, I'm sometimes hitting a crash:

Cannot remove an observer <NSArrayController 435u435345> for the key path "parent.title" from <MyObjectHere 0x6000000a5100>, most likely because the value for the key "parent" has changed without an appropriate KVO notification being sent. Check the KVO-compliance of the MyObjectHere class.

Right when I set the filter predicate, this crash hits. This is only happening sometimes, so there is a race going on apparently. Anyone run into this and perhaps know a way around this?

Thanks all

Replies

I have the same issue. Did you find a solution?

Actualy. I found a cause. if "Auto Rearrange Content" is ticked for an Array Controller in IB, it causes the problem 😕

Credit and more info: http://www.wannabegeek.com/?p=28

Ta
Geoff

I gave up on using the filter predicate with the array controller. I since haven't ran into this issue. When issues like this happen under the covers it is really hard for me to say whether or not the issue is resolved or not. I think it is though.

I hope they port NSFetchedResultController to OS X. Bindings is magic.