Getting dSYM's from Enterprise App

We have an enterprise app which is built with bitcode and distributed internally, we do include the debug symbols however they are not being found in Fabric (crashlytics) for crash reporting purposes.

I tried to get the dSYM's from XCode Organiser (download dSYM's) but am faced with this issue:

No accounts with iTunes Connect access.

iTunes Connect access for “XXXXXXXX” is required. Add an account in the Accounts preference pane.

But we are an enterprise account holder, so do not have access to iTunes Connect.

How am I meant to get the debug symbols from an iPA?

Cheers,

Iain

Replies

Hello, dear Apple.

Can someone please respond to this? It's kinda crash to make great enterprise apps without logs' simbolication 🙂.

Can someone please respond to this?

If I knew the answer to your question, I would have responded. Alas, I don’t have any suggestions.

Keep in mind that DevForums is not an official Apple support channel. If you don’t get an answer here, you should open a DTS tech support incident and one of my colleagues will try to help you out in an official capacity.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hey, we're having the same issue, did you find an answer?

Cheers,

W

Also having this issue, no solutions re:Enterprise. Figured it was worth a bump.

I am also having this issue.

This seems like a big oversight that you can only get dSYMs if uploading to the app store.

If I go to the archive in the finder, I can get the dSYMs for the frameworks that my application uses but not the dSYM for the application itself.

I have discovered a work-around.

According to the following technical note, for debug builds, dSYM information is embeded in the application. Release builds do produce dsyms inside the ".xcarchive" file. https://developer.apple.com/library/content/technotes/tn2151/_index.html

To get dSYMs for my enterprise debug and release builds, I modified the "Debug Information Format" build setting to "DWARF with dSYM file" for debug builds.

Now, when I archive a debug build (internal QA testing builds), I can right click on the archive in the organizer and select "Show in Finder" then "Show package contents" on the ".xcarchive" and find the dSYM file in the dSYMs folder.