Outlook search no longer working - any ideas?

Since upgrade to 10.11 beta the Outlook search does not return any results. I tried re-indexing spotlight and rebuilding the Outlook profile with no change. Anybody else see this?

Replies

I'm having a similar issue. I'm getting only search results for last month email. It doesn't show me result newer than that.

Yeah, that is what I saw and then I deleted the profile and now I dont have any search results. Also, I installed Outlook 15.11 yesterday and it freezes OSX

Same here. I have Outlook 2011 and Outlook 365 and the spotlight search is broken since the install, tried all of the standard fixes, no luck.

Same here, both 365 and 2011 search isn't working and the standard fixes don't work.

Same issue exactly. This has happened occasionally with Outlook due to an apparently corrupted spotlight index. I removed and rebuilt the index on the volume with my Microsoft User Data folder. Unfortunately the problem persists. According to what I was able to ascertain with Houdah Spot, the index was rebuilt correctly. A few dozen outlook messages returned within last day. But the Outlook "today" smart folder shows "no results".

Anyone know how to report it to MSoft?

This issue appears to be even more serious than I thought. Not only don't the spotlight-based smart folders work, basic filters like "unread" don't work either, nor do simple searches with "Find".

Has anyone tried the current Outlook beta? Hadn't yet dared…

Again this needs to be reported to MSoft, but they don't make it easy to find out where to do that.

PS: If anyone can tell me how to show a handle instead of my full name on the dev forums I'd be grateful. No big deal, but prefer the former and don't see how.

I have 2011 and Outlook 15.10.0 (the beta) and spotlight works in neither under 10.11

Still no Spotlight search for Contacts in Outlook 15.13.1 and Outlook 2011 is crippled with the spinning beach ball with 10.11 GM seed installed.