Use new project as new version of an existing app in Appstore

Hi,

I reciently rewrote on of my apps in Swift and the way I did it is I started from scratch creating a brand new project and what I'm trying to do is to upload this new project as a new version of an existing app in the Appstore.

Is this possible to do? If yes, what is the process?

Thanks

Accepted Reply

This thread has been deleted

Note there are other changes I'd recommend, but these are the basics that iTunes expects.

- bundle identifier

- code signing

- incremented version number

If it were me, I'd stick with or duplicate the old project and then make new changes, rather than starting completely from scratch.

Replies

See 'Replacing Your App with a New Version'

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/LanguagesUtilities/Conceptual/iTunesConnect_Guide/Chapters/ReplacingYourAppWithANewVersion.html

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of KMT Down vote reply of KMT

I'm in a similar situation. Have my new project complete and am ready to start getting it into the app store as an updated version of the existing app. Figured I'd see if you had any other advice beyond what was mentioned here, let me know if you have any other thoughts please!

Thanks!

Chris

I just did what KMT recommended and everything worked fine.

- bundle identifier

- code signing

- incremented version number

• I am trying to replace an existing app in appStore with a new swiftui swift app, tried setting bundle identifier, ode signing and incremented version number, but still fails validation saying name already used

Add a Comment