How can I sign Apple certificates with SHA-2 hashes?

1) is there a plan for Apple to change their certificate generation process so that they are signed with a SHA-2 hash?
Currently, they're signed with a SHA-1 hash (using RSA encryption)
2) If not, then is there a way to generate / update certificates manually so that they use a SHA-2 hash?
"Certificate" : By this, I mean the the iOS development and distribution provisioning profiles. I've noticed that my iOS developer certificate is signed with SHA-256, which is a SHA-2 family hash.
The reason I ask is that I'm developing an app for distribution to another business/enterprise, but they have just announced that:
[Their company] is working on a project to identify all mobile applications utilizing certificate authorities using the SHA-1 hashing algorithm. ... [Their company is going to] dis-allow the use of SHA-1 completely after 12/31/2016. Therefore, certificate authorities should no longer sign newly generated certificates using the SHA-1 hashing algorithm. [Their company's] developers and sponsors must ensure that their certificate authorities are using the SHA-2 hashing algorithm to obtain SHA-2 certificates from their certificate authorities.

Replies

Hey Ross, did you get an answer on this? Because this enterprise distribution cert is used to codesign apps and not for encrypting internet traffic, did you still have to adhere to the company's date for cuting over to SHA-2?