Sign-In Required popup

We are working on app with an auto-renewing subscription. We have tested it extensively with sandbox and TestFlight accounts. An issue that we have noticed throughout is that we commonly get a popup - or multiple popups in a row - that say: "Sign-In Required" "Tap Continue and sign in to check for downloads. [Enviroment: Sandbox]".

It seems to be related to having an Apple ID logged in in Settings->iTunes & App Store when launching the app but that will be true 99% of the time in the live app.

We need to confim that this issue will not happen once the app goes live in the App Store. Has anyone else had this issue? Did it exist in the production app?

Thanks!

Replies

We are seeing this same issue and need to confirm it won't happen in production. Please update us if you find an answer.

This usually means that your app failed to call finishTransaction for one or more transactions sent to updatedTransactions. IStoreKit wants the appropriate user to log in so it can resend the transactions.

Seeing the same issue with TestFlight users logged into their real apple ID's. I've double checked everything and 99% sure I'm finishing all transactions, following all best practices, etc.

Can anyone confirm that this is just a testflight issue, and this it will not affect the app once it is live in the store?

May I modify my post above - this may be due to you 'or anyone else' failing to call finishTransactions 'using any username associated with the device'. Search the forum for 'the endless loop'.

Not sure if it's the same issue, but my app has monthly autorenewing subscirptions. If I understand correctly, Apple speeds up "sandbox time" so that monthly subscirptions renew every 5 minutes. So if an app has been inactive a few days and you start it up, that results in a huge number of subscription renewals hitting the StoreKit transaction log. And it seems to me that you have to enter your iTunes password with each renewal.

If all this is correct, the tester who is getting a free monthly subscription may have earned it by entering their password a whole bunch of times ;-) Is there anyone who could clarify that TestFlight testing an app with autorewing subscriptions makes multiple iTunes password entry "expected behavior"?

The sandbox environment renews auto-renewable subscriptions only 5 times then stops. A few years ago it did ***** up and renewed more than 5 times. I don't believe that has happened again.

I do not recall whether the timeline is speeded up in testflight.

Did it show up when you released the app?

Any news on that I am still getting it and I am usng iOS 10. I do not get the same behavious on the production application.

I am also getting this to the point that my device is un-usable. I am pretty sure the finishTransaction is completing.

I also do have this problem. Could not find a solution yet.

I have the same issue.

I experience this same issue on testflight even when the renewal succeeds. Not a great fix, but I usually have to sign out of iCloud on my iPhone and then it goes away.