Logon error icloud

After installing El Capitan and a reboot the mbp is not able to logon to icloud. "Un unknown error occorred" is the only message.

Is anyone else having this problem. Login in from another device is no problem.

Replies

Yes same problem cant login to iCloud

Same problem here.

Same problem here, Can't login to iCloud and install apps from the App store. When it requires a password it gives an error!

icloud Settings freeze

Same here icloud says that my password is incorrect and when I go into settings it crashes.

If anyone knows a fix please let us know.

me too

This happened to me AFTER my account password expired and I was forced to change my address.

Deleting the files in

/Users/<MY HOME FOLDER>/Library/Application Support/iCloud/Accounts

like Max108 suggested worked great. Didn't have to do anything odd, just deleted, rebooted, was then able to open the iCloud System Preferences and enter my password. Thanks!

not work 😟

Did these things.. Worked.

When I entered my password the iCloud settings pane kept asking for an iCloud password above the various services. Stepping out of the iCloud pref pane and back into it "resolved" that.

Had this problem too.

Deleting the iCloud accounts folder didn't directly fix issue - had to do a fair bit of messing around with logging in via system preferences icloud panel, and then rebooting, and then going into system preferences 'internet accounts' pane, and enter my password there, and then rebooting and then going back to system preferences and going into iCloud and it worked...

There may be some redundant steps in that, but posting here to let you know that it can be done, but more complex than simply deleting the accounts folder.

HTH

I had the same issue as many others in this thread where iCloud would not load the preference pane or provide "an unknown error has occured." I've filed rdar://2137005 for this issue.

I was forced to change my password also and now can't log into iCloud.

doesnt work

I had the identical experience. Which was triggered by changing my AppleID password.

I could not access the iCloud preference panel because it just pinwheeled.

Deleting the folder at least allowed me to see the preference panels.

But I could neither log in properly, nor log out completely.

Switching panels and repeatedly restarting seemed to eventually solve the issue.