Invalid Signature - This error occurs when you have signed your app's installer incorrectly. There are two certs required for this process: the "3rd Party Mac Developer Application" cert and the "3rd Party Mac Developer Installer" cert.

I got this email from an app update I submitted yesterday....:

To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

Invalid Signature - This error occurs when you have signed your app's installer incorrectly. There are two certs required for this process: the "3rd Party Mac Developer Application" cert and the "3rd Party Mac Developer Installer" cert. When signing your package, you need to ensure that you are using the Installer cert to sign your package. Ensure that you are specifying this cert when submitting your app via the Xcode Organizer or when running productbuild from the command line.

Once these issues have been corrected, you can then redeliver the corrected binary.

Regards,

The App Store team

When I validate the app in organizer for MAS distribution, it passes validation. Also, when I manually switch it to "Installer" in Xcode and try to rearchive the project, I get an error about no provisioning profiles matching the identity. For provisioning profiles, I have it "Automatic". I did try to configure provisioning profiles manually for these app Identifiers in the Member Center, which only has it matching the developer application certicate. Why would the Memeber Center have a provisioning profile not match the installer certificate, if that is the one to be used?

BTW, code signing just started acting bonkers on me recently, as it seems to do every now and again, though i haven't made any changes to my certificates nor configurations.

Replies

>Why would the Memeber Center have a provisioning profile not match the installer certificate

Can you tell if the pp in the member center was old (stale)? Or you know for sure it is new, but not compatible...

[Getting this error on uploading app on Test Flight. DOn't worry Just follow these steps]
[1] Go to Xcode preference
[2] Open Accounts tab
[3] Click on manage Certificates
[4] At bottom 'Apple Distribution Certificates' ,there is your expire certificate. Just delete it and try to upload again 

App upload to Test Flight successfully.

[1]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/Pjxkg.png