No codesigning certificates found

Hello all, Hoping someone has come across this before?

I unistalled xcode a few weeks ago, not sure if these issues are related?

i have an app I would like to test on my Apple TV. I've just got the free dev account ATM. When I open iOS App Signer to generate the ipa file, I get the above error - No codesigning certificates found, you won't be able to successfully sign anything.

There are no options in my Signing Certificate field. This all worked fine a few weeks ago when I loaded the app onto y iPad.

Anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks

Replies

did you get this sorted pal, Im having the same problem

Hi: I was trying to install Kodi on an iPad today and ran into the exact same message: "no codesigning certificates found". It was the first time Xcode and iOS App Signer was installed on my Macbook Pro. Any help would be appreciated. I wish there was a way to contact the developer of iOS App Signer.

This was caused by a certificate that expired on the 14th.

https://developer.apple.com/support/certificates/expiration/

You have to delete the expired certificate from keychain before you install the new one.

How do you delete the expired certificate?

Select it, then right-click and choose delete from the pop-up.

From the "Known issues" of https://developer.apple.com/support/certificates/expiration/:

"in the Keychain Access application, select the System keychain. Select 'Show Expired Certificates' in the View menu and then delete the expired version of the Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certificate Authority Intermediate certificate."

I had the same issue, and updating the certificate did not fix it.

Turns out the apple developer account I was using didn't have a signing identity, to create one I had to:

1. Choose Xcode > Preferences.
  2. Click Accounts at the top of the window.
  3. Click View Details in the bottom right corner.
  4. Under Signing Identities click Create for iOS Development.

Hope this helps someone who runs into the same issue.

Spot on.

Tons of thanks, Gummi!) Worked like magic!)