iOS 9 Beta battery life

It might be me, but iOS 9 Battery life so far has been painfully bad, down from 100% to 85% without using it much in 2 hours... has anyone experienced anything similar?'

I might try a complete restore since i only updated from iOS 8 to iOS 9 Beta, just curious to see if anyone else is in the same boat.....after all ...battery life is one of the focus for iOS9.

Andrea

Replies

Same thing for me:

I'm down to 59% after what iOS defines as:

Standby: 2:41

Usage: 1:56

However, I'm not near the 2 hours of real usage, that the phone claims... So something is chewing up battery at a rapid pace.

According to the stats, Home & Lockscreen is responsible for 30% of this.

I did a real Restore and whiped the phone before restoring the backup, so Iäm not sure taht will help you a whole lot!

/J

Same here. Usage all came from Home and Lock screen for me. Have disabled the new Notification Centre widget for battery life in case that's the cause. Will need to keep an eye it to try and figure out what the culprit is.

Yeah same problem here.... down to 52% battery in less than 2 hours... 😢 Plus my favourite game doesn't even work... lol

Not what i expected from the first beta..... i know it is normal as it is not a finished product... but claim like.. we got an extra hour and then i am down to 80 % in 2 hours and it is getting worse...... it is not a good sign.

All in all considering there isn't much new i expected this first beta to be more "stable" as in battery life..

Hoping for a quick fix or it is down to iOS 8 very soon.

You know it's a beta 1, right?

Also, after installing a new OS there's a high probability that the system is doing a lot on things behind the scenes, just because you didnt use it for two hours does not mean the phone wasnt busy.

Perhaps try it out for longer than a day and see how it goes. Personally, I have no expecation of battery life for easlky beta's. iOS9 may be designed for longer battery life, but the first beta release of it probably isnt.

"You know it's a beta 1, right?"

What part of "i know it is normal as it is not a finished product" made you think i don't know it is a beta / unifinished product?

Are you trying to raise your post count??

Back on topic, i have been using this beta since it came out, and after a full night of "doing a lot on things behind the scenes" i am sure today my phone is doing NOTHING! also because the battery readings ,as most noticed, shows that the most usage comes from lock and home screen.

Edit:

Also the phone seems to run a little hotter than normal, i guess it might be one of the reason / cause for the battery drain.

This is Beta 1. It will improve in future builds, so try not to worry so much right now.

It happens with Every Beta.

This is probably due to extra performance and usage data collected by apple. Its nothing really to worry about as its necessery metrics to better the platform. no Personal Data is ever collected by apple.

I also have same issue. Went down 14% just from looking in settings and wtaching a 3:42 music video in Music app. Also went down 1% in 1.5 mins just by being on home screen.

Considering it is my only device, I can't say i am forced to use iOS 9...but since it is good to test with the latest version, so i am here to report my finding..

Historically iOS betas alwasy had poor battery life but never had anything like getting 20% left half day ....wich is surprising considering it is an update tailored at improving battery life...

Will i survive? YES Do I understand it is beta? YES ....will it improve? YES an I worried? NO.... but I have to say i am not happy.. now i have to traverl with my battery pack always behind...::(

As a complete guess, it might be indexing things for the new Search/Siri functionality and therefore chewing through the battery.

Same issue here. From what I can tell and using Instruments to look at suspicious activities, the app Mail is eating a lot of the cpu. Turning push off and even activating Low power mode does not change anything

Interesting is;

I only have reduced battery life on my iphone 6. On my iPad Air 2 bettery life is not that bad. I think it's reduced too but not that dramatically.

The mail configuration etc is the same on both devices!

Same here, down to 30% in a couple of hours. Battery usage says 96% Home- and Lockscreen. 😟

Let's see if this gets better the next days. Otherwise I'll try to get back to iOS 8.

Yes, same here. Battery drains while the phone isn't being used. It's been horrible so far.