What I should do now regarding iAD?

With regard to the iAd announcement, I don't know what I should do now?

Should I submit an update with the iAd (its banner and interstitial) being removed?

Replies

You can either remove the iAD API and do no ads at all, or you can keep the banner and serve your own ad content.

i am wondering about this too. Can someone from apple please confirm once and for all if iad in apps is going away too, or just the ability to promote your own apps via iad network? Will we still be able to show iad banners in our apps, same as say, google admob?

I understand that iad will be gone totally, so no revenue any longer. I understand that, because they wrote ...and you can still earn advertising revenue until June 30

Yes but serving ads inside apps is not the only way to earn revenue through iAd. You can also create and sell your own ads which is why I would like an apple employee explain things once and for all.

I have emailed them and will post here if I receive a response.

This is the respons I received from apple:

While most details have not been disclosed, I am happy to provide you with what little information we do have.

As this time, developers can promote their apps in advertising campaigns until June 30 by creating a campaign using iAd Workbench. Advertising campaigns may continue to run, and developers can still earn advertising revenue from iAd until June 30.

Seems iAd is not being discontinued after all. If they were shutting the whole thing down they could just say so.

Also said this: More information will be made available on developer.apple.com in the coming weeks.

Perhaps they are just renaming iAd / making a new Ad service. Maybe its something we won't really hear about until WWDC. They have really made the Ad website a lot nicer recently and with the Apple TV I think they opened a new realm full of opportunities for iAd. I doubt it will just go away with no replacement.

According to the internet...

"Eddy Cue has said that Apple is developing a self-service ad-buying tool for publishers that should launch within the next two months. The iPhone maker is said to be offering buyouts to iAd sales teams, and is no longer accepting apps into the network, nor taking its 30 percent cut on ad revenue."

The question without answer is : can we continue to submit App with iAd enabled ... Or is someone here have submited an App using iAd since the announcement ?

>can we continue to submit App with iAd enabled

Eddy runs things and said no.

Do you think Apple is shifting to a similar platform to Amazon underground? Where users pays a monthly fee to download any App for free within the program and developers are paid by amount of minutes the App is used.

😟 I need my ads income... so sad... sooo sad

It's a very bad swap for devs, trading the ad network for paid rankings (rumored only of course).

I was planning on making 6-7 power tools for iOS (free versions and pay to remove the ads). I was going to make some stuff that'd be cool on the iPad Pro but once I heard iAd was being cancelled I stopped and went back to Mac apps. It seems that the small window for success on the App Store only gets smaller as time goes on.

What about the Advertising Identifier (IDFA)? Does IDFA go away after June 30?

I don't see why it would. You need this when using an SDK from a third party ad network.