iOS9 Approve enterprise trust new?

I installed iOS 9 to test a few enterprise apps. Now, in iOS9 I am prompted that the app is "not trusted from.." and that I need to trust the enterprise before using. After searching the phone for awhile, I found the "trust" settings in Settings > General > Profile. Will it be this hard for release? It used to be a lot easier for employees to install the enterprise apps from my company app page.

-matt

Replies

If you install Configurator 2.0 there is also a new setting in there related to Enterprise Developer trust. I believe this is to help companies prevent potential security issues from unknown enterprise accounts, that can be used for piracy or other activities.

Great change. Happily MDM installed apps are implicitly trusted.

I use my enterprise apps not with configurator. At least make the "trust" screen go to the trust section of the device preferences so the user knows where to go to trust.

I think in the examples they gave, the user could link straight to the trust section from the prompt? Maybe I'm remembering that wrong.

still not fixed in beta 3.

I had a test users today say he could not figure out how to "trust". This needs to be resolved.

at WWDC, I talked with enterprise folk that this screen should take you to the profile trust part of preferences.

bug report filed:

Hello,

Did you have any feedback on your bug report ?

Thanks

If you deploy your apps via MDM your users won't get that message.

Negative, my bug was declined as a duplicate. Is this still an issue in the latests seed?

yes but, I have several apps that are distributed via a corporate catalogue.

So do I, and this new popup is not user friendly. I hope they will link the popup to the page.

That's actually not true. My MDM managed applications still throw that error.

@jlambert

But does it automatically trust apps or go to the screen?

I am having this same issue and user needs to go into Settings to trust the application. This is definitely not user friendly and is a major issue with our users.

I completely agree. This is an underhanded way to kill Enterprise app distribution. We paid the $300 enterprise developer license expressly to be able to distribute custom apps this way. Our clients have very specific app requirements and do not want their custom apps on the App Store. Requirements change quickly and we were able to respond to their needs with very quick fixes and updates; going through Apple approval process would kill our response times. Their end users are not tech savvy and this new multi-step-digging-into-settings trust issue is a huge barrier to app adoption.

The "Untrusted" dialog does not even give instructions; even the most tech savvy users have to call tech support or google to figure out how to get the app to work. This needs to be resolved to allow a link off the the dialog to allow the app to run.