Bluetooth keyboard not working on 3rd-party Chinese input method

As a heavy user in Chinese text editing, I used to have 3rd-party input method with Shuangpin happily on the jailbroken iOS7 device.

Nowadays, iOS8 has all the major Chinese input method corps, like Baidu and Sogou, without the API toward bluetooth keyboard.

As a result, my productivity dropped dramatically without a BT keyboard, so were a lot of heavy users in Chinese world. And the answers were all pointed to the limitation of SDK.

Hence, I sincerely wish Apple to empower 3rd-party developer the access to BT keyboard.

With the mighty power of BT keyboard and 3rd-party input method, the productivity of iPhone and iPad will be fully unleashed in Chinese text editing field.

Replies

Can't agree more.

I am also a Chinese developer. I use [Wubi input method](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wubi_method) for years, which can make Chinese input efficiency triple.

But I sadly found that even in iOS 8.4, physical bluetooth keyboard (my device is Logitech iK700) can only use built-in Pinyin input method. This slows down my input efficiency so much.

I hope Apple could release the API for bluetooth keyboard to take the most advantage of iPad as a productivity tool.

还有九宫格键盘掉帧的问题,从IOS8到现在还没有被修复,希望懂英文的国人帮忙反映让苹果修复😟

Got the same questions here.

I wish we could use third party input method with bluetooth keyboard as well.

After years this problem has never been resolved. Please do not take Chinese input methods users’ feedback as nothing important.

I feel angry about it😠

It is 2019 now, and apple support all the pads with pencil. I think apple strongly want to make ipad as a productivity tool.

But what the **** is the attitude to text input, which is very basic for work.

Could it be so hard to support it? Or just do not care us Chinese user?

the new ipad pro is still a toy.

I also find this very annoying. Why the third party input methods cannot be used with a hardware keyboard? I can’t imaging without this how iPad could be a productivity tool in China.