can't download Xcode 7 beta

I'm a paid Mac and iOS developer program member. When i click to download Xcode 7 it takes me to the manage your apple id page.

What is going on?

Also, thanks Apple for deleting my old forum account.

Accepted Reply

I needed to verify the email address on record before I could progress. You probably need to do likewise. The verify link is on the Manage Your Apple ID page you get redirected too.

Replies

Same thing is happening with my account. Have logged out/rebooted/cleared cache/etc.. Always jumps to the My Apple ID page. Still looking for a solution.

No luck here since developer support is just a 9-5 job apparently.

On the Apple ID page it was rejecting my password, which was the same one I have always used and have saved in my keychain.

I ttired to reset, but they never sent the reset email. I tried to reset via security questions and it says my birthdate doesnt match their records.

I guess I'll have to call support tormorrow and try to sort it out.

Welcome to Tim Cook's Apple everyone. Steve would be proud!

Same here! I've tried many things without success!! (Makes me feel I've wasted 100$ subscription)

Just be glad you didn't pay $200 for both. I was about to renew both of mine and I'm glad I didn't, especially when i can't access what they give to the public for free now.

This is a joke for a multi-billion dollar company.

Same problem here. I tried using both Safari and Chrome. Same issue on both - infinte loop back to login. But on the plus side, at least I cansee teh dev forums. :-)

I needed to verify the email address on record before I could progress. You probably need to do likewise. The verify link is on the Manage Your Apple ID page you get redirected too.

My "email address on record" is my other Apple ID… so it won't verify (another account claims it). This is not new, it has been this way since the time of "dotMac". Never had problems before!

I went back in and set the Primary Email Address to the current value it's already set to (no changes, I don't trust a bunch of other stuff to get messed up by changing the Primary email address at this point), but then, if I want to try to verify the existing email (it indicates a Verification email sent, with a "resend" button, which I presume means it still needs to be verified ... although it doesn't explicitly state so...) I get a message in red... "Email address is already verified for another Apple ID".

You'll need to remove email from your other Apple ID account, or change the email address linked to by your dev Apple ID account, and then verify the email address.

That fixed it, after creating a new email account, then changing the primary email addr to the new email account, and verifying the new email account. (what a pain...).

Of course, the existing email account I would have preferred to change it to (rather than creating a brand new one) was also unavailable, because it had been previously specified as the emergency retrieval account ... or whatever they call it - can't remember now...), and naturally, there was no way to re-assign that one... arggh 😠

Appears to be working now... Xcode 7 beta is now downloading (slowly...)

Thanks for you help!

I swore I verified my alternate email back when i added it, since it works.. (The primary was from the me.com days, luckily i still have an active one @me.com).

But when i logged in with the primary email (instead of the alternate that works everywhere else) it said the alternate needed verifying.

I verified it and it started working.

Same here! It's not just the xcode 7 beta and the xcode 6 also redirected to the appleid account manage page. Since my appleid suffix is @mac.com and it's not an email address then it's cannot verified. How could I do?

I have been stuck with the problem for two month now

Today I spent 1 hour on the telephone to get support and finally was directed to a senior advisor from iOS Tech Support ⚠ who also could not help me.

I even received the advice to open a Google mail account. - Do I really have to work with Google to solve an Apple problem?

Finally the senior advisor sent me a link to a website where I should register my problem. The same site I registered two month ago. I am moving in circles.

How do I quit the developer program and get my money back?