ADC account will now cover Mac, iOS and watchOS
One ADC membership covers all - $99/year
iOS 9 will take up 1.3 GBs of space. OS updates will automatically download overnight.
iOS app-slicing - Developer submits an app to the App Store, App Store will deliver to the device only the component parts of the app that the device can use. Don't have the fast CPU on the device? App Store will leave out the fast-CPU dependent parts of the app.
iOS passcode are now going from four digits by default to six.
System Integrity Protection
- Protects system files
- No installing in system locations
- Protects system processes
- For developers, streamlined developer workflow to accommodate System Integrity Protection.
- Utility available in the Recovery partition to disable System Integrity Protection.
- Use the standard networking frameworks
- Avoid IPv4-specific APIs
- Avoid hard-coding addresses in apps
Improved right-to-left language support, important for languages like Arabic or Hebrew.
Improved link support in iOS 9. Click on a link will open up the appropriate native app.
- For example, if someone emails you a link pointing to Twitter, the link will open in the Twitter app rather than Safari.
On OS X, links like these will still open in Safari.
- iOS getting an iCloud Drive app
- Allows browsing of iCloud Drive folders and directory structure (created on OS X.)
- OSI-approved permissive license
- Available later this year
- Outside code contributions will be accepted
Swift in Xcode 7
- Revamped Swift migrator - will move your code from Swift 1 to Swift 2
- Rich comments in Swift - uses Markdown, can add images and links.
Swift Testing in Xcode 7
- Unit testing
- User Interface Testing
- Code Coverage