linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Ld /Users/nathan\

/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ExampleApp-adsgjtlrzvwdjxbdymykwbukmfch/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/ExampleApp.app/ExampleApp normal i386

cd "/Users/nathan

/Desktop/Xcode App/ExampleApp1/ExampleApp"

export IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=9.0

export PATH="/Volumes/Xcode/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Volumes/Xcode/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/Volumes/Xcode/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"

/Volumes/Xcode/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -arch i386 -isysroot /Volumes/Xcode/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator9.0.sdk -L/Users/nathan\

/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ExampleApp-adsgjtlrzvwdjxbdymykwbukmfch/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator -F/Users/nathan\

/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ExampleApp-adsgjtlrzvwdjxbdymykwbukmfch/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator -filelist /Users/nathan\

/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ExampleApp-adsgjtlrzvwdjxbdymykwbukmfch/Build/Intermediates/ExampleApp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/ExampleApp.build/Objects-normal/i386/ExampleApp.LinkFileList -Xlinker -rpath -Xlinker @executable_path/Frameworks -mios-simulator-version-min=9.0 -Xlinker -objc_abi_version -Xlinker 2 -L/Volumes/Xcode/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/swift/iphonesimulator -Xlinker -add_ast_path -Xlinker /Users/nathan\

/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ExampleApp-adsgjtlrzvwdjxbdymykwbukmfch/Build/Intermediates/ExampleApp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/ExampleApp.build/Objects-normal/i386/ExampleApp.swiftmodule -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/nathan\

/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ExampleApp-adsgjtlrzvwdjxbdymykwbukmfch/Build/Intermediates/ExampleApp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/ExampleApp.build/Objects-normal/i386/ExampleApp_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/nathan\

/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ExampleApp-adsgjtlrzvwdjxbdymykwbukmfch/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/ExampleApp.app/ExampleApp

ld: file not found: /Users/nathan

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

anyone know how to fix this?

Replies

What did you do before getting that error? Without a little context it is hard to help here.

Ld /Users/nathan\

/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ExampleApp-adsgjtlrzvwdjxbdymykwbukmfch/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/ExampleApp.app/ExampleApp normal i386

cd "/Users/nathan

/Desktop/Xcode App/ExampleApp1/ExampleApp"

export IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=9.0

export PATH="/Volumes/Xcode/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Volumes/Xcode/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/Volumes/Xcode/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"

/Volumes/Xcode/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -arch i386 -isysroot /Volumes/Xcode/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator9.0.sdk -L/Users/nathan\

/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ExampleApp-adsgjtlrzvwdjxbdymykwbukmfch/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator -F/Users/nathan\

/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ExampleApp-adsgjtlrzvwdjxbdymykwbukmfch/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator -filelist /Users/nathan\

/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ExampleApp-adsgjtlrzvwdjxbdymykwbukmfch/Build/Intermediates/ExampleApp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/ExampleApp.build/Objects-normal/i386/ExampleApp.LinkFileList -Xlinker -rpath -Xlinker @executable_path/Frameworks -mios-simulator-version-min=9.0 -Xlinker -objc_abi_version -Xlinker 2 -L/Volumes/Xcode/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/swift/iphonesimulator -Xlinker -add_ast_path -Xlinker /Users/nathan\

/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ExampleApp-adsgjtlrzvwdjxbdymykwbukmfch/Build/Intermediates/ExampleApp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/ExampleApp.build/Objects-normal/i386/ExampleApp.swiftmodule -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/nathan\

/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ExampleApp-adsgjtlrzvwdjxbdymykwbukmfch/Build/Intermediates/ExampleApp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/ExampleApp.build/Objects-normal/i386/ExampleApp_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/nathan\

/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ExampleApp-adsgjtlrzvwdjxbdymykwbukmfch/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/ExampleApp.app/ExampleApp

ld: file not found: /Users/nathan

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Puh so you are trying to call it from the command shell? Have you made the Xcode7beta command line tools the active ones in Xcode? If not ld calls the old one from the prior Xcode version.

I'm using OS X Yosemite

like when I used OS X mavericks there's nothing wrong with it.

I already tried Xcode 6.3 or 7 beta and all of them stil showing the same error

What happens when you try to build from within Xcode?

But from this "ld: file not found: /Users/nathan" - Is your user still named nathan?

yes i checked my folder name it's still nathan

when I try to build the project it says "build failed" then I got error like that

Hmm you could try deleting the DerivedData folder for the project. Perhaps something got messed in there.

~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ProjectName

still error , omg ..

Could you provide me with a zipped version of the project? Perhaps on a dropbox share. I would check it on my machine.

add drop...box...com link in and stick to link below

/s/ctchisrj64xxy9s/ExampleApp.zip?dl=0

From all the parts that say "/Users/nathan\" it looks like you possibly have a trailing space in your OS X username, or similar, somehow. If that's the case, you could try renaming your home directory using the instructions at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201548

Edit: Okay, it's even worse than a space. You somehow actually have a linefeed character at the end of your account name/home directory, or at least Xcode thinks you do.

so i should change the directory?

Something in your project-file is corrupted. I could get it compiling fine by moving the source and xibs into a new project. I'm sorry but I couldn't figure out what is exactly broken, but you can get to a working version again this way.