Possible to downgrade to 1.0.1?

Hi,

I cannot find clear informations if it is possible to downgrade the watch if in any case I would need to?

I just find the information "Devices updated to watchOS beta may not be restored to earlier versions of watchOS..." in the watchOS beta Software Installation Guide which is not a real yes or no :-p

Thanks ;-)

Accepted Reply

Neither iOS nor watchOS devices can be downgraded.

Replies

That seems like a pretty solid "no", doesn't it? I really would take that line as a pretty clear statement that the answer is no, not only is it likely not technically possible, it's *definitely* not supported!

If Apple says, "Devices updated to watchOS beta may not be restored to", then I imagine they mean just that. So now you won't be able to able to easily restore a previous version which is why you will only want to install it on a test device you are using for testing your app rather than your own watch as the beta could break at anytime during the beta period.

Neither iOS nor watchOS devices can be downgraded.

i think they are updating something, i already approved new agrements on developer area but still can't upload new binaries

I have no idea why you replied to me.

Search the forums to make sure your question hasn't already been posted; otherwise start a new thread.

But you can downgrade from iOS 9 beta 1 to iOS 8.3 oder iOS 8.4 latest beta.

You might be able to downgrade iOS devices, but it is not officially supported. If it don't work they won't help you with that.

Same with watches I guess.. I would not try.

Untrue, you can downgrade From iOS 9 beta to 8.3... now that Apple tells you you can't is another story, but as long as a firmware is signed you can revert to it ...

As W4rlock said:

"You might be able to downgrade iOS devices, but it is not officially supported. If it don't work they won't help you with that."

not everything apple says is accurate. was able to downgrade the ipad and the iphone 6 plus to ios 8.3 from 9 beta...im sure there is a way to downgrade the watch

Go ahead and do whatever you want.

Downgrading an iOS device has never been supported.

I see no reason why the watchOS is going to be any different.

You are taking a big chance if you downgrade.

Apple will not help you if they discover what you have done.

Lack of DFU mode seems a good reason to me that watchOS is different. They can software-prevent downgrading for the Watch where the iPhone hardware still supports reloading.

There isn't a way to downgrade the watcth. There just isn't

Wrong

Do it, prove it, and post the process, then.

lol