Safari crashes as I touch the address bar

Mi configuration is iPhone 6sPlus, iOS 9.2.1: today safari abruptly started crashing when I touched the address bar. It's impossible to use it. Tried reboot, with no change at all.

Replies

Check out reddit - there are lots of reports of this here too. I suffered the same problem today and so did my partner - both iPhone and iPad, none of which are yet running iOS 9.2.1, we are still on 9.2. The workaround is to turn off Safari Suggestions in the settings. I wonder if Apple have screwed something up in trying to fix this crashsafari spoof link that's been causing devices to reboot?

Here's the link to the article I read:

https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/42wle1/safari_crashing_after_ios_921_update/

Having the same issue here too with an iPhone 6 Plus (64GB)

Oddly the same thing is happening to my 6s plus. Apple fix this please!

Having same issues. Started on the 27th of Jan

Ditto- My configuration is iphone 5S,ios 9.2. saved bookmarks work but can't enter a new address or search. First noted this morning.

This just started happening to me. I thought maybe it was because of a website . I see I'm not the only one.

By the way I changed Safari to PRIVATE on the browser by scrolling down on the browser and clicking the bottom right icon where you select what pages you have been surfing and then select PRIVATE browsing . This will fix it until Apple corrects it.

Go to Safari preferences and turn off Suggestions and it should start working again. Seems to be a temporary bug on the server side, hopefully we'll be able to turn Suggestions back on again soon.

This is HORRIBLE!!!!!! Can't even use Safari

As Marblehead said - Turn off Safari Suggestions in Settings and all is well. Server side issue as it did not happen immediately on update. I have sent feed back to apple and would encourage others to do the same http://www.apple.com/feedback

this just started happening to me too, and was already on v9.2.1 with no problems until right now.

Same problem here, but turning Private Browsing on, the problem does not occur. Strange?

TJCD's reply seems to work: "Turn off Safari Suggestions in Settings"

Some Students of mine have this problem, the only way we managed to get around it was instead of clicking onto the URL Bar, clicking onto the google icon to get to google, haven't tried the privacy settings yet.

Turn off the safari suggestions in settings>safari

Put on private browsing allows you to use till fixed