How to install tvOS 9.2 via Apple Configurator?

How do I install it? I go through the prepare section and it says the beta profile isn't available for wifi? And I dragged it from finder to the picture and it got installed but it won't install. I tried clickign the update button but it says no update is available. What do I do?

Replies

Same problem here.

You actually don't need to prepare the device, you just need to drag the profile onto the Apple TV icon in the app. To confirm the profile is installed, you should be able to go to General-->Profiles, and there should be a "Profiles" section at the bottom of the list with Added Porfiles. When you select Added Profiles, you should see the tvOS Beta profile installed.

Assuming the it says the profile is installed there, which OS version/build is your device currently on?

I'm on 10.11.4 beta 1.

Same problem.

I can install the profile to the Apple TV (tvOS 9.1) but then nothing happens. When I select "Software Update" on the Apple TV, no updates are available. Same when I click on the update button on the Apple Configurator. I tried rebooting the Apple TV.

Which tvOS version are you running? Do you see the profile as being installed in the above steps?

So in my case it somehow worked. First there were no updates available but after a while I went back to Software Update un the Apple TV and it installed correctly the tvOS 9.2

What worked for me was after I installed it I quit settings from the app switcher and then held down the menu and home button. When i let those go (I didn't count how long it was) the Apple TV restarted. Once it came back up i just went to software update and it worked perfectly.