"Unable to Verify Update" Error

Trying to update my Watch to 2.2 on an iPhone running 9.3, and every time I hit install, it says "Verifying..." then within 10 seconds or so displays the following error:

"Unable to Verify Update: The watchOS update couldn't be verified because you are not connected to the Internet."

Anyone else seeing this?

Accepted Reply

Thank you to those who filed bugs. This should be resolved now, if you download the current profile from the downloads page: https://developer.apple.com/watchos/download/

If you're still seeing issues, please file a bug and post the number. Thank you!

Replies

Same here. Could be that Apple's device enrollment verification servers are being hammered right now, and it'll start working again later today or tomorrow.

Same error for me. I'll try later tonight.

I'm seeing it to. I wonder if it a manifestation of this issue in the release notes:

Known Issue

When updating Apple Watch during the setup process, the watch and phone may display conflicting instructions right after the update has succeeded, but before setup resumes.

Workaround: If you see a message on iPhone saying that Apple Watch is up to date, please wait and you will eventually be prompted to continue the setup process.

Seems to be working on my end now – you might want to give it a try and see if verification succeeds now.

Still not working here...

Same here. In the process of un-pairing and re-pairing. Will update.

Same here, not working......

Same here! I guess I guess the update has to wait until tomorrow 😢

Same issue

Un-pairing and re-pairing worked for me. Installing the new beta on my watch.🙂

Could you please file a bug at http://bugreport.apple.com? It will be very helpful for us to get logs from you.

Thank you!!

Sure thing, I'll see if there's a log for today.

Just filed, it's Bug ID 24147211

Same result here. I tried rebooting iPhone with same result afterwards. Another note: if I hit Details on error message it just takes me back to install update page.

Bug ID 24137699