Font Collection Column Missing

I've encountered that bug where the font picker in Interface Builder is stuck on one font collection (in this case monospace). When I resize the window, I see the "Collection" collumn while resizing the window; but as soon as I let to, the "Family" column slides to the left and obscures it.

Does anybody know of a workaround? Really want to be able to select other fonts.

Replies

Which version Xcode?

I reset Xcode using CleanMyMac, the font collection is now selecting "English" collection for me, where it stuck at "Fixed Width" previously, although, the collection column still hiding itself.

I remember the last time I see the Font picker window is when I change the editor font, but I can't really remember the collection column is there or not.

I try to install a fresh copy of Xcode (7.2.1) with another fresh OS X Yosemite 10.10.5/14F27 (with no xcode installed previously), the font collection column is there.

Bug Report: 24608642

I have the same problem. Please look at this video.

Xcode 7.2.1

https://youtu.be/9tQB-36V2Rk

I am using the latest version of Xcode 7.3 Beta 4.

The same problem occurs.

Bug Report : 24953762

I have the same problem. XCode 7.2.1 OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

I have the same thing it is just unbearable 😢

Same for me.... very frustrating.

OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 / Xcode 7.2.1 or Xcode 7.3 beta

Bug report : 24957100

I also have the same problem with Xcode 7.2.1 on El Capitan 10.11.3, but not on Yosemite 10.10.5

The work around I found is "All Fonts" selected.

It can be done by following command in Terminal.

defaults write -app Xcode NSFontPanelAttributes -string "1, 0"

The command you showed did not work for my Xcode 7.2.1 on El Capitan.

I have no idea why it doesn't work on yours

On my mac, It doesn't fix the problem but allows me select any installed font, not just those in the language specific font collection.

( This is just work around, not a solution. )

With font collections in the fixed order, any font collection can be specified for Xcode by changing the last value (0) to the index of the font collection.

Choose 1 for the first smart collection, 2 for the second, and so on.

it worked for me!

OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 / Xcode 7.3

Seemingly, it is fixed on Xcode 8.0 (8A218a), checked on El Capitan 10.11.6.