L2TP VPN Connection

Hi,

My company has tasked me with attempting to find a way to automatically connect to our private VPN connection. The VPN is an L2TP IPSec connection, and currently the details are pushed to iPads via profiles from AirWatch. I have been experimenting with NEVPNManager, but have had no luck so far. I was wondering if anybody knows if it is possible to create an app which would automatically connect to the VPN and then load a separate app (Horizon View Client).

My research tells me that IPSec VPN's should be able to work with NEVPNManager, but I'm not sure about L2TP type VPN's.

Thanks,

Kyle.

Replies

My research tells me that IPSec VPN's should be able to work with NEVPNManager, but I'm not sure about L2TP type VPN's.

NEVPNManager does not let you configure the built-in L2TP (or PPTP) VPN transports. It supports the built-in IPsec and IKEv2 transports (and third-party transports, with the caveat that only the transport’s developer can configure their transport in this way).

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"
Too bad that L2TP is NOT accessible through NEVPNManager class,
At least, not without the caveat that you have to develop the protocol yourself.
But for anyone interested;
I will link how codes would look like if it was supported.