Help With Siri in HomeKit 'not seeing anything connected'

Hi all

Trying to get Siri up and running with Homekit. I can control the device in the app without any issue at all but when I try and use siri to control the device (actually have tested with 2 different devices from 2 different manufacturers) I get 'hmm, I don't see anything connected'. Not sure why Siri cannot find these and what I am doing wrong, any ideas ?

Thanks

Replies

I'm a consumer, but have a similar problem with the Schlage Sense lock. Easy to set up and operate with first iPhone using Schlage App or Siri. Getting my partners iphone (both of us running most recent iOS) to pair with lock at all took 1/2 hour with Schlage tech support-restoring lock to factory settings, resetting Apple privacy configs, rebooting all devices and starting over. I was then able to operate lock with both app and Siri from my phone, but my partners phone will only operate it from the app and not from Siri. When asked about the lock, Siri says that she "can't locate any devices".

I Have two questions: 1) is this an issue to take up with Schlage or Apple (Senior Apple tech support was clueless today)? Seems to me it's an issue with Apple and Siri, but since I'm not a developer, I don't know how these things communicate. And 2) has anyone else seen this or have any suggestions for a fix?

Wildcat, you might try resetting configurations, found under Settings/Privacy/HomeKit. Reset lock to factorysettings, remove any other users invited to share con troll of the lock (settings/homekit), reboot all phones and start over with factory setup code.

What's the name of your accessories and what Siri commands don't work for you?

Make sure that your accessories are reachable when you say Siri commands.

I'm having the same issue, more specifically with Elgato Eve products. Maybe it's an issue with Bluetooth HomeKit devices. Siri doesn't see the device in the room despite it being there accessible via the app.

Similar issue. im running ios10 beta, girlfriend running latest ios both on iphone 6. I have 4 lutron switches, multiple hue lights with bridge 2.0, august lock.

I can see and control everything via siri and the apps. When I share access with her phone, she can see the lutron and august via 3 party apps like elegato eve. When I go to the hue bridge and lights in that app, they all show up in the app, but have a red triangle next to them saying unreachable, even though the app shows all of my lights and bridge.

She can control the lutron and august via siri, but not the hue. She can control the hue directly from the hue app.

I have tried deleting, resetting, logging in and out of icloud. It was working before I installed the beta, so maybe its a hue vs beta configuration issue?

Did you get any resolution to this? I'm having the same issue.

I had this issue today. Siri suddenly failed to detect a connected Koogeek Home device. I opened the Koogeek Home app and signed in there. It fixed the problem. I hadn't used that app since I set up the device months ago.

Wrong forums…

Apple Developer Forums is a community for discussing developer-level issues with Apple’s SDKs and tools. It is not an official Apple support channel, even for developer issues, and it’s definitely not the right place to get answers about user-level issues.

User-centric queries/comments such as this are perhaps best put to AppleCare's public community support forums, Apple's twitter support account and/or Apple’s YouTube Support Channel vs. risking off-topic here in the DevForums, thanks and good luck.

https://support.apple.com/

Users can feedback via http://www.apple.com/feedback/ - Individuals using betas are free to use the Feedback Assistant; Devs can use the 'Report Bugs' link, below right.