Cannot download documentation

After updating to XCode 7.2, I can't download the latest documentation. This error occurs:

Could not download and install OS X 10.11.2 Documentation. Don't know how to install package with extension from file:///Users/paulf/Library/Caches/com.apple.dt.Xcode/Downloads/com.apple.adc.documentation.OSX-1012.2.. Downloaded from {

dependencies = (

);

fileSize = 1305030702;

identifier = "com.apple.adc.documentation.OSX";

name = "OS X 10.11.2 Documentation";

source = "https://developer.apple.com/services-account/download?path=/Documentation/Xcode_7.2_beta_2_DocSets/03143047A.dmg";

userInfo = {

ActivationPredicate = "7.2.0 >= '7.2'";

Category = Documentation;

IconType = IDEDownloadablesTypeDocSet;

InstallPrefix = "/Users/paulf/Library/Developer/Shared/Documentation/DocSets";

InstalledIfAllReceiptsArePresentOrNewer = {

"com.apple.pkg.10.9.OSXDocset" = "10.9.0.0.1.1446334486";

};

RequiresADCAuthentication = 1;

Summary = "My description of content";

};

version = "1012.2";

}.

Replies

Same error on two Macs here - looks to be a string comparison error? 7.2.0 not being different enough from 7.2

I'll try the manual download and install procedure listed on the helpfu votes answer on https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/87587#87587

Same problem here

Same here.

Same here.

I've been having this problem all throughout the Xcode 7.2 betas and it's still here in release. I notice the path in the documentation still references Xcode 7.2 beta 2 which is when the problem started I believe. Beta 3 and 4 passed by with the problem still occurring.

I've tried deleting existing documentation, package receipts for it, the list goes on. Nothing.

Same here.

This fixed it for me. Quit Xcode. Delete all files in the ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.dt.Xcode/Downloads/ folder. Then launch Xcode and try again. Note that you have to quit Xcode first. (credit to jackbrindle@me.com on the Xcode-users mailing list)

Working for me now, 8 am CST US. Be aware that the doc updates now prevent Xcode from closing until complete. Mine hung up and I forced quit Xcode, but that evidently left some stuff locked up because I could not get the docs to start downloading again without restarting OS X.

It does indeed work now. I had deleted all of this yesterday though and was still getting the error. The only thing I can think of is someone at Apple updated the documentation list of URLs to point to the release documentation rather than beta 2 where it had been stuck for a while now.