process launch failed: Security

Suddenly today, after about 2 hours of repeated building and installing an app on 2 iPhones and iPad, I got the "process launch failed: Security". All are running ios 9.1 but it was not installed today. Did not do anything with XCode install either. I have already read and think I have tried all of the fixes from previous posts.

Tried the following:

- Delete device's provisioning profiles, clean, rebuild. Multiple times.

- Go into General -> Profiles on the device. Top says "Apps from developer [me] will be trusted until all apps are deleted". Right below that it says "An app from developer [me - same id as the first one] is not verified" There is a button below that says "Verify app". Below that is my app with label "Not Verified". Hitting Verify App appears to do something but it does not change the app status

- Changed the version and build #, rebuilt

- Reboot all devices

- Reboot Mac running XCode

The only unusual thing I see is in XCode Prefs under Apple ID "show details" where there are 2 provisioning profiles for this app with the same name expiring on different dates in jan 2016. Can't delete either one. Could that be it?

Is Verify app only connecting to XCode or also to an Apple server? Can't figure out why it would be working fine this morning and now not at all. It is a MultiPeer app so using just simulator does not help.

Accepted Reply

This should be working again now. Please give it a try.

--gc

Replies

Same here. https://ppq.apple.com appears to be down which is what is used for verification.

I'm seeing the same thing. A couple hours ago, things just stopped working.

When I hit the Verify App button, I see this in the device logs:

> Dec 4 13:07:08 Midna online-auth-agent[1733] <Notice>: Server returned no data

> Dec 4 13:07:08 Midna online-auth-agent[1733] <Notice>: Could not complete online authentication

> Dec 4 13:07:08 Midna online-auth-agent[1733] <Warning>: session error: The request timed out.

Looks like a service is down.

Why isn't something listed as down on their System Service page? The opacity of this kind of thing is really frustrating.

Same issue here, and not showing this in the status page is super lame.

Seems it's down for portions of the country. Some places it works fine. I'm in VA and it's broken. Friend in CO it's working.

In Georgia, it is working, but in Washington it is not.

Same issue in Montevideo, Uruguay.. this is frustrating.

Experiencing this issue in Seattle as well, just in case it's a caching issue somewhere.

This should be working again now. Please give it a try.

--gc

Working again in VA.

still not working in michigan.. looks like ppq.apple.com is down?