I can't upgrade to iOS 9.2.4

I currently have 9.1 on a 6S+. I tried going through the usual upgrade process in iTunes and I got

This device isn‘t eligible for the requested build‘

I went through the proposed solutions at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201442

but nothing worked.

I've never had this problem before. I just checked the status of my certs, and they look fine. OS 10.11.4 and the latest Xcode seemed to have installed fine.

I've used the same Macbook Pro for dev for about 1 1/2 years, so I don't see this being an issue of my gear.

Any suggestions appreciated, but I could use specific and detailed instructions i.e. which UI to make changes in, specific drop-down menus, et al.

Accepted Reply

So I ended up torrenting an older version of 9.2 Beta 3 and updating to it using itunes. Then did the OTA update to Beta 4.

Replies

Having the same issue here. Attempting to upgrade my iPhone 6 to 9.2 beta 4 and being told the device is not eligible.

FWIW, it's nice to know that I'm not alone. It just seems weird. Upgrading and having old code break. Yup. Forgetting to turn off Find My Phone. Yup.

I've done at least a 1/2 dozen of these upgrades

...but this is a new-ish animal AFAIK.

So I ended up torrenting an older version of 9.2 Beta 3 and updating to it using itunes. Then did the OTA update to Beta 4.

Interesting _and_ clever.

I'll try it out this weekend.

Thanks for the idea!

Okay, this looks promising. The latest iTunes is playing nice with iOS9.2.3 and installing....

So far, so good.

OTA d/l of iOS9.2.4 auto-started as soon as I went to the update link.

I'm seeing some code-signing issues with old source code, but otherwise, Xcode and iOS support seem to recognize and conjugate with my 6S+ and its fully-updated iOS.

Thanks for getting me back up-to-speed!

I have been getting this too and have completely and obsessively tried every little thing this week. I am relieved to see that it does not seem an isolated incident with just myself and is a little more widespread, seeing a couple of forums on MacRumors with others experiencing this as well.

I am having the same problem. Where did you find the 9.2 beta 3 torrent? I can't seem to find one that doesn't require me to pay for it. Thanks.

Yes that would be extremely helpful - I have been searching for a torrent as well. No other options have seemed to work for this.

Interesting update... I went to the public beta and installed the beta certificate. This allowed me to do an OTA update to 9.2 4 with no problems. That said, I tried to do a clean install of 9.2 4 using itunes and I continue to get the error. Something weird is going on.

I don't know if I can copy the link here, but here's a hint: It's possible to download earlier betas directly from Apple. Just look at what url it's downloading the beta 4 and change the path (folder and file name) to beta 3 and the build number at the end to 13C71

You are a wizard sir! Worked perfectly, installed 9.2 beta 3 via itunes, and found the OTA 9.2.4 waiting patiently. Soo just for testing - once on 9.2.3 I re-downloaded the 9.2.4 ispw via the official developer link... same error code - however, the OTA worked perfectly. - Something is up. Thanks again for the hint! I owe you a beer!

So are we supposed to download an earlier Beta version to upgrade to the 0.4 version?

Maybe there is another way to download the beta but when I go do the download page, there is only the option to select the device and then it immediately downloads. Am I missing something?