Reviews are not showing in the App Store

I've had more than 12 reviews of the new version of my app, but if I look at it in the app store, and click "Reviews", then it says the app hasn't received any for hte current version.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

• Yes, we are having a similar problem and find this very annoying. Currently we are escalating this to Apple team for one last resolution. I also want to explore filing for a class action lawsuit against them for this.

Add a Comment

Replies

Yes there are several threads on it here already. Apparently they're showing up under the last version, not the current version. No word from Apple, as usual.

• They are such a pain to deal with.

Add a Comment

I'm also having this problem. I uploaded the very first version of my app last week. I have seven reviews so far, and all of them are showing up under "All Versions", rather than "Current Version". Thought this seemed strange, since this is the first and only version I have released.

I just got off the phone with Apple Supervision. She said what I already innately "knew": The App developer has the leeway to Black List you from leaving reviews on their product if they don't like your review. Apple phone support will NOT tell you that for some reason - I believe because Apple does NOT want them to say that to Apple customers - that your opinion is of no value and we'll delete you from the system. If you leave a 1 star review then they don't like it then you're screwed. I left me 1st review That's Apple iOS for ya. This review will 98% be deleted by Apple - Hi Apple Review Deleter guy (or girl) ... do your thing - delete negative customer experiences to create your ALTERNATIVE FACTS.

That is absolutely false. Developers do NOT have the ability to black list reviewers. In extremely rare cases, reviews can be removed if they feature profanity or other threatening language but that's it. Reviews can't be removed just because they are critical. Think about it -- if developers could remove negative reviews, there would be no negative reviews on the App Store!

• Spot on.

• Don’t know how true that is but apple itself can ban you I know for years I have not been able to write reviews bc they were negative it’s amazing that there allowing apps to con ppl with false advertising and they do nothing but block the person who’s actually saying there’s a problem? It makes no sense

Add a Comment

>if developers could remove negative reviews, there would be no negative reviews on the App Store!

Really 😮 (...and why isn't the yellow 'eyes-only' speak-no-evil face one of the emoticons we can use?!)

Where did that erroneous claim come from...other than boiling frustration in general, I mean.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of KMT Down vote reply of KMT

This is one of the most ridiculously false posts I've seen on this forum. I only wish it were true...

• So why won’t any of my reviews show up!?

Add a Comment

This post is old but I feel required to comment. You sir/ma'am have no idea what you're talking about. I have had PLENTY of reviews for games having ZERO profanity or vulgar language not make it to posting status. Apple immeadiatly jumps to blame my iOS version to not being compatible with the AppStore anymore somehow, which makes less sense than them being removed for vulgar language. Obviously my AppStore would not work if there was an out of date iOS issue going on. Prime example, my review for battle bay was instantly removed 4 times until I decided to write to the developer directly accusing them of removing reviews, now magically it is there out of the blue without me having to repost it? Not at all suspicious. Example 2 a recently released first person shooter game asking it's players to leave reviews, magically mine will not stick again. Why? Because I said I would give it a 0 star rating if I could. Yet, they are okay with me leaving them a blank 1 star rating? Are you sure developers don't have the right to manipulate reviews? I mean see long how they are allowed to buy reviews at free will, what is to stop them from writing their own and denying the ones they don't like?

Add a Comment

Your posts may have been restricted because you abused some Apple policy but developers have absolutely no input on this process.

Dear Apple
I know about app which I and my friends downloaded and review and reviews were positive 5 stars and app is updated regularly and is years old but still “ this app hasn’t received enough ratings Or review to display a summary.”

people pay money for services and they have right to review and comment on the service

You are taking away people’s right of speech.

Pl review the your policy there’s a bug.😉

My real and honest and truthful review for Castle Crush App keeps getting deleted why? Here is what is says and it keeps getting removed when it’s a legit: “Castle Crush needs to stop deleting my review! It is real honest and truthful and will keep writing it until it’s posted as this is my experience how dare you diminish my  right to be heard and  acknowledged! Where Black Lives Matter!  People need to know how transphobic and ****** and islamphobic and xenophobic and homophobic  this company is, the developers to this, support workers to and the App Store who all condone discrimination. I have all the evidence and proof that gladly can share and show just tell me where. All because I asked a simple question on why players are allowed  to use derogatory names that are transphobic and ****** and islamphobic and xenophobic and and homophobic just overall very discriminatory and they didn’t respond for months! You try and not post this review showing more that my review is more truthful and honest and real seeing you don’t want the truth out. I will post this everywhere on social media. Also, it is always glitching and freezing and I asked why and no respond for months!!! I had to get my white friends  to ask the same questions and they got a respond within hours, that was generic and automated. I have all the evidence and proof to show.”

Yeah I absolutely agree the app developer does not allow you to post negative reviews if they don’t like it. Example I just left 2 one star reviews for this game downwell which in my opinion is a lousy game that’s boring with chunky and unwieldy controls but there’s been no reviews publish. Somemore the game had the tag editors choice. I criticised the standard of the editor in charge also, how can this lousy game get a editor choice? And so far the app has only 15 review 14 five stars and 1 four stars. How fake is that gosh??? I paid $4.99 coz of the reviews saying it’s fun but it’s so misleading. Apple should let users post their honest reviews and stop letting us be scam by those developers. I guess Apple just care about profits and keep wanting you to spend money that’s all. Wake up Apple that will really piss your customers off!

I mean if they have Chinese kids making their products for a cent a day, what makes you think they’re not able to delete your reviews? Doesn’t matter if it’s profanity or not if it’s negative or not, they can and will delete them just to keep their stars up, it’s pathetic how miserable and how much they’re like actual garbage, especially grubhub, the overpriced garbage and bad cs, just go with Uber eats or DoorDash instead

Yes, we are having a similar problem and find this very annoying. Currently we are escalating this to Apple team for one last resolution. I also want to explore filing for a class action lawsuit against them for this.

after two years of wondering why i dont have reviews, i finaly by chance noticed all the reviews showing in the “app store connect” app, not the website. Also if someone from the UK, for example, writes a review, only phones registered in the UK can see these reviews.

I just released my first app. I know for sure over 20 people have downloaded it and multiple of them have left ratings and reviews and it still says there’s not enough of them yet to show ? What is this magic number required by apple to start showing reviews ? I’d really like to see them!!!!