Appname → AppName: Help!!

Months ago when I started working on my app, I set up my bundle identifier as com.dev.appname. Now after I set up iCloud, my container appears as Appname, instead of AppName like I'm looking for. Is there a way to get the container to display correctly without changing the bundle identifier? (Already tried that, and it didn't work. I haven't uploaded anything to iTunes Connect yet, but it still wouldn't let me create a new bundle ID or a new iCloud container with the correct name.)

Replies

Does it matter what is disPlayed?

If it does you might try changing from "Appname" to (the incorrect but clearly different) "WrongName" and then to "AppName". It is possible that some things don't realize that AppName is different from Appname and may be ignoring the change request.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of PBK Down vote reply of PBK

I stick with all lower case for that string.

Thanks, PBK, for the extra suggestion. I had tried a trick like that earlier with my wildcard bundle ID, and it didn't work then so I guess I assumed it just couldn't be done. Anyway, your idea worked—partway. My app ID is now correctly set up (that's half the battle), but I still can't create the right iCloud container because the old one is still there. Do you know of a way to accomplish the second step?

Remember, I haven't uploaded a thing to iTunes Connect yet; I have no active users and there isn't a thing in those containers anyway. But it still appears to be impossible to delete them.

What I'm asking about is how you get your lowercase bundle identifiers to play nice with your iCloud containers. Are any of your apps capitalized like AppName, making some kind of customization on the container necessary for continuity between the app and the container? If none of your apps are like that, though, then that would explain why you're able to make it work.

Ah - well, no, none. I can't swear that's your issue, sorry, I'm just recommending my own practice...perhaps too late to solve your current malady, but hopefully a reduction going forward, at least.