Creating a new MIDI control surface mapping driver for Logic Pro X

We need to developpe a new "control surface mapping driver" for Logic Pro X, to match the "simple" fonctionnal requiements of our Tangerine Automation Interface

I'm trying to find the info on how to create the "mapping driver" that will translate our interface "hardware/midi mapping" to Logic Pro X internal controllers acces. (volume, mutes, automation modes etc...)

Ou interface is already reconnized as 5 ports Plug&Play USB midi device. It can be used with the HUI mapping in Logic Pro x but we want to get better control behavior, with our own mapping

Any pointer on where to look in the apple developer section would be appriciated

dbmdbu

Replies

To get the job done, you'll need to create a control surface plugin bundle. In order to do that, you need the:

"Control Surface Plug-in SDK for Apple Logic Pro and Apple GarageBand".

Cheers,

Justin

been seacrhing for this as well.. cant find anything? any ideas?

This SDK is available under NDA, so you will need to specifically request access. Just submit a TSI with your request (listed under the "Code-level Support" section of your developer account) and it will get routed to the appropriate Logic folks. < https://developer.apple.com/support/technical/ >.

I'm in the same position too, did you actually progam a control plug-in? If so, I'd like to get in contact with you. I already requested access to the SDK at apple.

• How did it go with access request for SDK from Apple?

Add a Comment
Do I understand that correct,
we need to pay $99 to get a Developer Account just to have a look in the SDK ?
I have no clue if the SDK will help me or not, before having an eye on it?!