CNContactPickerViewController multiple selection search issue

I have been trying out the new iOS 9 CNContactPickerViewController and I see that I am able to select multiple contacts and receive them back in my CNContactPickerDelegate which implements contactPicker:didSelectContacts.

Everything seems to be working fine but the only weird behavior I see is that when I am on this screen and I try to search for a contact with a string I do see the contacts that I expected after the search but I can't do anything with the contacts. What I would expect is that the same selection circle would appear on the filtered contacts and that I would be able to select them.

Replies

I have exactly the same problem. Initially I thought that I didn't pass some flag to CNContactPickerViewController. However, I looked throught the documentation and I don't see anything which should influence this behavior.

BTW. I believe it's iOS bug. I submitted a report to Apple (23518316)

Have you found a solution to this issue? I am experiencing the same problem.

Did you find a solution? Could you please share your expirience? I have the same issue.

We are also experiencing this issue.

Same issue here. Tested on iOS 10 and iOS 11 beta 😟

Same issue here. Bug has been there for a few years now.

This is unbelievable to me. What does it take to get Apple to fix this??!

I am also facing same issue. Any solution for this? 😟

It seems the way it is implemented if you start a search the multiple selection gets disabled and you will only be able to select one contact. The reason nothing is happening is because you have to implement the delegate method contactPicker:didSelectContact for single selection (not the lack of "s" at the end of the method).

Can you confirm that this is true? I have implemented the singular method under that assumption (in addition to the plural method) and neither is called when selecting a search result from a multi-select picker.