Testflight: App could not be installed at this time

Hi,

I've recently been running into problems distributing a beta of my iOS app via Testflight. Local builds work just fine and I have no errors installing my app to my devices through Xcode. Upon uploading and submitting the app though all an external (or internal) beta tester can see is a failure during install with the unfortunately not very helpful errors "Could not install [appname]. Your request couldn't be completed. Try again." and moments later "Unable to Download App. '[appname]' could not be installed at this time.".

Those that were testers with previous versions have had successful installs on previous builds and those that are new are seeing the same problem.

I've also added myself as an internal tester and am running into exactly the same issue through that on my device.

This doesn't seem to be an issue only occuring at this time, since I've been seeing this for more than a week now. I've since scrapped all my develop and distribution certificates and all provisioning profiles recreating those, unfortunately to no avail after submitting a new build.

I'm using Xcode 7.1 and cocoapods (with the latest current version 0.39.0) in my project if that makes a difference.

Any help on this would be much appreciated, not sure what else I could be doing at this point. Thanks!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of kiliankoe Down vote post of kiliankoe
13k views

Replies

We have the same problem here

Same here, no internal or external testers are able to complete the beta app download. Gets to 90% and shows the above mentioned errors.

Hi! This sounds like a bug. Can you guys grab the device logs for the install? We might get a hint as to what is going on from there.

I'm getting the same message. It worked last week (before Xcode 7.1).

I do not know how to grab the device logs.

edit:

Last submission worked. I'm not sure what I changed but I think I set "Build Active Architecture Only" to "NO" in my targets.

I'm using 32Bit iPhone5 for developing/tests and prior Xcode 7 I'd to PlugOut that phone to get 64Bit Builds.

How do we get the device logs for the install?

I'm having the exact same issue, and from the logs, it looks like a signing issue.

Nov 8 07:56:26 *******-iPhone installd[3709] <Error>: 0x16e12f000 -[MIInstaller performInstallationWithError:]: Verification stage failed

Nov 8 07:56:26 *****-iPhone itunesstored[1401] <Error>: 0x16e087000 __MobileInstallationInstallForLaunchServices_block_invoke222: Returned error Error Domain=MIInstallerErrorDomain Code=13 "Failed to verify code signature of /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.aptAXw/extracted/Payload/*****.app : 0xe8008016 (The executable was signed with invalid entitlements.)" UserInfo={LibMISErrorNumber=-402620394, LegacyErrorString=ApplicationVerificationFailed, SourceFileLine=142, FunctionName=+[MICodeSigningVerifier _validateSignatureAndCopyInfoForURL:withOptions:error:], NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to verify code signature of /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.aptAXw/extracted/Payload/*****.app : 0xe8008016 (The executable was signed with invalid entitlements.)}

After I upgraded to xCode 7.1, I noticed something a little unusual when uploading my app to the app store. Selecting the development team to use for provisioning looks as it did previously, but the following dialog has an usual default value for the provisioning profile. "XC: *" I don't recall what the default value was before, but it wasn't that.

UPDATE: This issue is resolved for me.

Upon further investigation, my distribution provisioning profile had expired for this app. xCode was defaulting to using another provisioning profile (I think the XC : * business I was seeing) that was not valid for this app. Once I created a new distribution profile, re-archived the app (with an updated build number), and uploaded to the app store again, TestFlight worked as expected.

Not sure, but I think this issue of having no valid distribution profile for the app would have been caught in prior versions of xCode. I've learned that I'm responsible for keeping my ducks in a row and can't trust xCode and iTunesConnect to catch everything.

I was having this problem, and this answer ended up helping me.

http://stackoverflow.com/a/31362099/505093